- BBC One (TV)
- This was the fourth program hosted by John Peel in 1982. This was the week's singles chart.
- JP: "Hello and welcome to Top of the Pops. Getting to be a bit of a regular gig for me, this".
- "A rather short programme because we've got football on later. Hope you'll stay for that". 1982 World Cup from Spain, second match from Group A, Belgium vs. Soviet Union).
- Visage gave their first and only studio performance on this show.
- After Dollar: "A couple of weeks ago I had to ask for their autographs for my little girl..They're a very generous and very decent band. Well, all right anyway". This was presumably for Alexandra.
- JP: "At no. 10 The Beatles Movie medley - see if you can guess who that's by"
- JP: "And you'll gather from all of this that we've got a new no. 1 record ["Happy Talk" by Captain Sensible] and I was the first person to play it on the radio. At Top of the Pops we're not afraid to name the guilty men y'know."
- This show was repeated on BBC Four on 2016-10-21.
- Visage – Night Train (34 in the chart as of the date of broadcast)
- The Jam – Just Who Is The 5 O’clock Hero (13) (live clip)
- Queen – Las Palabras De Amor (22) (repeat from 17 June 1982)
- Dollar – Videotheque (30)
- Cheri – Murphy’s Law (21)
- Midge Ure – No Regrets (11) (video)
- Captain Sensible – Happy Talk (1)
- Natasha – Iko Iko (14) (audience dancing / credits)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.