- Ô3 (Austria)
- Start of show: "Hello again, millions of happy smiling Austrian persons. Time to travel with me,John Peel, aboard the Nachtexpress."
- John shamelessly plugs his upcoming appearance at the Reading Festival, but notes that the Telescopes turned in a very ordinary appearance there in 1990.
- JP voices his distaste for the American stand-up comedian Andrew 'Dice' Clay, finding him "racist and sexist", not to mention "deeply unfunny."
- Daughter Flossie is in the vicinity, and when asked her opinion on a couple of tracks, merely says, "OK", to John's disappointment.
- Barry Adamson, Anita Lane & Thought Systems Of Love: 'These Boots Are Made For Walking (Extended Box Fresh Mix) (7 inch)' (Mute)
- (JP: 'I'm a man who's always enjoyed a good cover version, and about a month ago, I decided to do on my domestic programmes in Britain a cover versions programme, a three-hour programme: not a terrifically original idea, it must be said, but at the same time I thought it was worth doing, and it sort of expanded into four three-hour cover version programmes, a total of twelve hours (you probably could have worked that out for yourselves). That came in at the last moment, and was added to the fourth programme. I think it's really good.')
- Ragga Twins: 'Hooligan 69 (LP-Reggae Owes Me Money)' (Shut Up And Dance) 
- Telescopes: 'Flying (12 inch])' (Creation)
- (JP: 'I'm not much of a dancing man, and I wish that I was, but particularly I wish that I was the only person on Earth who remembered how to do lots of those ludicrous dances from the 1960s: the Fly, and the Swim, and that sort of thing. Here's a dance which I've never heard of before.')
- Donna Loren: 'So Do The Zonk'
- (JP: 'I have to come to Vienna in about four days' time , and I hope that when I do, I can go to the clubs and see everybody doing the Zonk. Except they probably won't let me in, because if they're anything like a lot of the clubs in London, if you're old and fat and ugly, they say, "Sorry mate. Members only."')
- Snapper: 'Dead Pictures (LP-Shotgun Blossom)' (Avalanche)
- Diceman: 'Quad (12 inch)' (Brainiak)
- Fall: 'Dice Man (LP-Dragnet)' (Step Forward)
- Gumball: 'Pre (LP-Special Kiss)' (Paperhouse)
- Iron Works: 'Rail (7 inch)'
- Breed: 'Everyone Joins In The Chorus (LP-Grin)' (Nightshift)
- Belt: 'Bad Breed (7 inch-Christmas)' (not on label)
- 14 Iced Bears: 'Hold On (12 inch)' (Borderline)
- 3rd Bass: 'Derelicts Of Dialect (CD-Derelicts Of Dialect)' (Def Jam Recordings)
- John Peel Nachtexpress 1991-08-01
- Original date found to be incorrect: file name changed.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.