- (Introduction to show, mood of Peel, interesting comments, etc. If possible, please add mentions of gigs attended, football matches, TV appearances, stories of past/current activities, etc, for use elsewhere on John Peel Wiki.)
- File 1 Edited tracks with no intros, taken from Karl's Tape Early March 1981. Tracks before the first Frames session track might be from the Richard Skinner show but Peel played all of these bands at the time. Note: the tracks by Professionals, Theatre Of Hate and Vice Squad all appear to have been released in Oct / Nov 1981. I don't think these are from this show (Dr_Mango).
- File 2 is in higher sound quality and includes outros and some intros.
- Frames only session, recorded 24th February 1981.
- Modern English #1, recorded 11th November 1980, repeat, first broadcast 25th November 1980.
(Please add details of any commercial release of these sessions)
- File 1 begins
- Sect: In My Street
- Professionals: Just Another Dream (7" - The Magnificent) Virgin VS 456
- Vice Squad: Last Rockers
- Theatre Of Hate: Legion (7" - Original Sin / Legion) SS SS3
- Johnny Osbourne: Mr. Walker (7") Gorgon
- Frames: Stingray (session)
- Astronauts: The Traveller (album - Peter Pan Hits The Suburbs) Bugle / Genius GENIUS-001
- Modern English: Sixteen Days (session) @
- Booker T.: Down Presser (7") D.E.B. Music or Ethnic Fight
- Steve Diggle: Here Comes The Fire Brigade (Riot) (7" EP - 50 Years Of Comparative Wealth E.P.) Liberty BP 389
- Frames: La Chanson Ironique (session)
- King Tubby: unknown (Shazam comes up with "Pat Kelly At The Control - Original")
- Modern English: Mesh And Lace (session) (last 13s missing on File 1) @
- Stiff Little Fingers: Gotta Gettaway
- Wah! Heat: 7,000 Names Of Wah (v/a cassette - NME / Rough Trade C81) New Musical Express / Rough Tapes COPY 001
- Electric Guitars: Health (7") Fried Egg EGG 012
- Frames: Play It By Fear (session)
- Modern Eon: Cardinal Signs (b/w 7" - Euthenics) Dindisc DIN 30
- File 1 ends
- Modern English: Black Houses @
- Modern English: A Viable Commercial @
- Tracks marked @ on File 2
- 1) March81a.mp3
- 2) KevH Tape 6.mp3
- 1) 01:32:57 (4:24 to 1:02:08)
- 2) 01:31:07 (29:04-45:45) (29:04-29:06, 31:43-31:50, 35:50 on unique)
- Shared via Peel Mailing List.
- Many thanks to Karl.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.