- BBC Radio One
- Sixth and final show featuring the legendary, long-lost but now found, 1976 Festive Fifty, the first ever.
- Tracklisting information below kindly provided by Ken Garner, author of The Peel Sessions, via the Peel Mailing List. Many thanks, Ken!
- "The 1976 Festive Fifty remains something of a holy grail among collectors of Peel shows, and no recordings from any of the programmes have come to light as yet. If you have such a thing, or any old recordings on tape, you are urged to contact the Peel Mailing List, where your arrival will be greeted with much rejoicing." This para is fortunately now out of date, Ken in association with his taper pal John Cavanagh, has now made this long lost treasure available once again.
- Only a selection of session tracks were played.
- Chieftains # (Recorded 1975-10-09)
- Thin Lizzy # (Recorded 1976-09-23)
- Bill Aitken # (Private tape, recorded June 1975 - the PasB of this repeat mistakenly has 8-12-75, which was the original broadcast date)
(Please add details of any commercial release of these sessions)
- Thin Lizzy: Johnny The Fox (Session)
- Chieftains: Three Polkas (Session)
- Bill Aitken: Open Up Your Eyes (Private tape)
- Chieftains: Slides (Session)
- Bill Aitken: Sequel (Private tape)
- Thin Lizzy: Don’t Believe A Word (Session)
1976 Festive Fifty #10-#1
- 10. Bob Dylan: Like A Rolling Stone (Album: Greatest Hits) (CBS)
- 9. Beatles: A Day In The Life (Album: Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band) (Parlophone)
- 8. Pink Floyd: Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Part 1-5) (Album: Wish You Were Here) (Harvest)
- 7. Racing Cars: They Shoot Horses Don’t They? (Album: Downtown Tonight) (Chrysalis)
- 6. Free: Alright Now (Album: Fire And Water) (Island)
- 5. Jimi Hendrix: All Along The Watchtower (7": Voodoo Chile) (Track Record)
- 4. Pink Floyd: Echoes (Album: Meddle) (Harvest)
- 3. Bob Dylan: Desolation Row (Album: Highway 61 Revisited) (CBS)
- 2. Derek & The Dominoes: Layla (Album: Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs) (Polydor)
- 1. Led Zeppelin: Stairway To Heaven (Album: Led Zeppelin IV) (Atlantic)
- Chieftains: Humours Of Bally Connell (Session)
- a) Peel 1977-1-03a F50 #10-1
- b) Peel 1977-1-03b F50 #10-1
- c) 1977-01-03 John Peel BBC Radio 1.mp3
- Two hour show, broadcast 10pm-midnight
- a) and b) Original broadcast: many thanks to John and Ken.
- c) Remastered version in one file: many thanks to Bill.
- c) Mooo Server
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.