- Rock Today
- BFBS (Germany)
- Thanks to Eddie Berlin for the tracklisting and tape.
- Lurkers: New Guitar In Town (7") Beggars Banquet BEG 28
- Jam: The Eton Rifles (7") Polydor POSP 83
- 4" Be 2": One Of The Lads (7") WIP 6530
- Specials: Concrete Jungle (album - The Specials) Two-Tone CDL TT 5001
- JP answered a listener's question: 'Do I remember the European cup finale in 1966, when Liverpool was beaten by Borussia Dortmund 2-1? And that's the team he supports. And he asks: Is there still a cloud over Liverpool? Actually, there isn't in the moment, because they are 3rd in the football league and they got a game in hand and they're looking very strong...'
- Request (Psychedelic Furs)
- Psychedelic Furs: We Love You (7") Epic S EPC 8005
- Ruts: Jah War (7") Virgin VS 298
- Killing Joke: Are You Receiving (10" - Turn To Red) Malicious Damage MD 410
- Trevor Ranking: Whip Them Jah Jah (split 12" with Horace Andy and King Tubbys - Pure Ranking / Whip Them Jah Jah) Sufferers Heights SUFF 005
- Squad: Millionaire (7") Squad SQS 2
- JP 'Here is a satisfied customer, Jeremy Dodd, who writes from Hamburg: "Dear Rock Today, please tell John Peel, I hate his programme and an extension to 2hrs. were worse than a communist government." Ha, political overtones" - "The reason, I occasionally listen in, is because of the names of the awful groups he features are funny. Could you therefore ask John Peel, TELL John Peel, to read out the groups in the beginning, so I can switch off. Yours faithfully, Jeremy Dodd PS: Otherwise play THE EAGLES or GENESIS or something musical."- Tell ya what, Jeremy: Get stuffed. Another listener (a Chris from King's School) wrote, amongst other things: "If you can play records for the Germans, who shouldn't listen to your programme, you surely can play something by KISS. Or is it too much to ask?"
- "I'm afraid, it is, Chris".
- Cabaret Voltaire: Heaven And Hell (album - Mix-Up) Rough Trade ROUGH 4
- Cure: Jumping Someone Else`s Train (7") Fiction FICS 5
- Ruts: I Ain't Sofisticated (7" - Jah War) Virgin
- Little U Brown: Hollow Gow (7”) Nigger Kojak
- Hellhound: Pakoon Neonarmeijaa (‘Suzy Is A Headbanger’ in Finnish) (7”) Rokit VD2
- Rock Today on BFBS - 1979-11-03.mp3
- Thanks to Eddie Berlin
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.