- Second of a week of programmes celebrating 10 years of Peel shows (on/and Radio One), each featuring an hour of choices by one listener. This time, it's the selections of Neville Thorner from Somerset. Show can be dated by reference to Arsenal-Liverpool match (result was 0-0).
- Before the final hour, Peel promises "three from Randy Newman, three from the Modern Lovers, plus The Stranglers, Gladiators, Tyla Gang and oh so much more." On File 1, only the initial Clash track appears here before it jumps to the second hour.
- Comments before the T. Rex track that's it's a "particularly poignant" choice that was made before the death of Marc Bolan. Afterwards he remarks that the song was "not entirely representative, but the principle I think is right."
- Says the Eric Clapton track is a "curious choice" as he doesn't remember playing it on the radio before.
- File shared with 03 October 1977 and only gives around half an hour of the two-hour show.
- Records only
- Files 1 & 2 start
- Clash: Remote Control (7") CBS (largely edited out on File 2)
- File 1 pauses
- Intro to Neville's hour. He wants Rock And Roll by the Modern Lovers, Manifest Destiny by the Dictators, Paradise Byrham Grill by Ry Cooder, My Aim Is True by Elvis Costello and Get It by Dave Edmunds. File 2 only
- File 1 resumes with continuous section of show
- Flying Burrito Bros: Christine's Tune (album - The Last of The Red Hot Burritos) A&M Records (largely edited out on File 2)
- Van Morrison: Domino (12", Album: His Band And The Street Choir) Warner Bros. Records (largely edited out on File 2)
- T. Rex: Ride A White Swan (7") Fly
- Eric Clapton: Let It Rain (album - Eric Clapton) RSO (largely edited out on File 2)
- Family: My Friend The Sun (album - Bandstand) Reprise Records (start only on File 2)
- Led Zeppelin: Down By The Seaside album - Physical Graffiti) Swan Song outro only on File 2
- File 1 ends
- Free: Mr. Big (LP - Fire And Water) Island
- Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band: Big Shot (LP - Gorilla) Liberty
- Little Feat: unknown (largely edited out)
- Don Covay: It's Better To Have (And Don't Need) (7") Mercury (largely edited out)
- Martin Carthy: Famous Flower Of Serving Men (LP - Shearwater) PEG (largely edited out)
- Bob Marley & The Wailers: Them Belly Full (But We Hungry) (LP - Natty Dread) Island (largely edited out)
- Millie Jackson: Loving Arms (largely edited out)
- Sex Pistols: Anarchy In The U.K. (7") EMI
- Ace: How Long (12" - Four Tracks From Ace) Anchor (largely edited out)
- 1) Ten_Years_Of_Peel_-_Listeners_Choices_1977_Part2.mp3
- 2) John Peel 04 Oct 1977.mp3
- 1) 45.58 (17:13-45:41)
- 2) 19:42 (0:00:35-0:01:30, from 0:06:23 unique)
- 1) Final 29 minutes of file only. Start is 03 October 1977. High-pitched background noise.
- 2) Many thanks to the original taper, and to Tim for purchasing from eBay and digitisation.
- 2) Mooo
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.