- Peel mentions at the beginning of the show that there will be the new Clash single, Spælimenninir í Hoydølum, Throbbing Gristle, Adverts, Ranking Joe, Stooges, MC5, Graham Parker & The Rumour, Magazine, Rolling Stones, and King Short Shirt amongst others.
- Peel mentions going to the Netherlands recently to host the Pink Pop Festival and thinks he may have been chosen, because the Dutch translation of his name means something rude. He also says he was given some Dutch records, which he plays one on the show, which in this case is sung in the Portuguese language.
- Peel reveals that after Roundtable on Friday, he invited Graham Parker for a meal, but he decided not to go and admits frankly he did the right thing.
- Frankie Miller #4. Recorded: 1978-05-22. No known commercial release.
- Boomtown Rats #2. Recorded: 1978-05-15. First Broadcast: 26 May 1978. No known commercial release.
- start of show including roll call of upcoming artists, then into the first track of the show:
- Frankie Miller: Have You Seen Me Lately Joan? (session)
- Sail-Joia: Berimbau, Berimbela (LP - Maré Alta) Philips (largely edited out)
- Boomtown Rats: Like Clockwork (session)
- Rolling Stones: When The Whip Comes Down (LP - Some Girls) Rolling Stones
- (JP: 'From Keith Richards amongst others to Viv Richards')
- King Short Shirt: Vivian Richards (LP - Ghetto Vibes) Charlie's (largely edited out)
- Kinks: In A Foreign Land (LP - Misfits) Arista (largely edited out)
- Magazine: My Tulpa (LP - Real Life) Virgin
- Frankie Miller: Breakaway (session)
- Graham Parker And The Rumour: Gypsy Blood (2xLP - The Parkerilla) Vertigo
- Battlefield Band: The Lady Leroy (LP - At The Front) Topic
- Boomtown Rats: Me And Howard Hughes (session)
- Roy Harper: Commune (LP - Harper 1970-1975) Harvest
- John Peel 05 June 1978.mp3
- Many thanks to the original taper, and to Tim for purchasing from eBay and digitisation.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.