- Peel's appearance on the TV show Room 101 had been broadcast the previous evening.
- Peel had been in London the previous day with Sheila for a memorial event for John Walters. He tells an amusing anecdote about Walters' response to Peel's warning about an incident involving rude language in the show.
- This is Peel's last week of shows before his holiday to New Zealand and India.
- JP: "Here's a band we don't hear on the radio nearly enough."
- JP: "I'm sorry if I sounded a bit filleted in that first introduction in tonight's programme, because I was by mistake using Dave Pearce's voice settings here in the studio. [It] did sound very odd indeed. Normally I use Trevor Nelson's, actually. I don't seem to have one of my own to be perfectly honest, but Trevor Nelson's suits be fine and I hope that you like it too. I think it makes me kissable, I don't know if you'd want to take a vote on it, but that's my feeling anyway."
- Ballboy: All The Records On The Radio Are Shite (EP - All The Records On The Radio Are Shite) SL
- Davy Jr. And The Guess Who: Party In Joe Craig's Bar (Various Artists LP - Because You're Funky) Lo
- JP: "You never really know with records like that whether they were recorded by a bunch of geezers in Duluth, Minnesota in 1972, or some smart alecs in Helsinki last November."
- Fixit Kit: L.I.S.A. C (7") Sickroom Gramophonic Collective
- Boards Of Canada: Music Is Math (LP - Geogaddi) Warp
- JP: "I was about halfway into London this evening when I realised that once again I'd failed to record any Pig's Big 78s... So instead of that, this:"
- Hoggboy: Shouldn't Let The Side Down (single) White Label
- Sly & Robbie Meet Bunny Lee: Liquidator Dub (LP - At Dub Station) Jamaican
- Parkinsons: Primitive (EP - A Long Way To Nowhere) Fierce Panda
- Mr Psyche: Mix (session)
- And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead: Days Of Being Wild (CD sampler for forthcoming LP 'Source Tags & Code') Interscope
- JP: "This is Neutral, from an LP on Hymen Records - a strangely attractive name for a record company, I used to have one in a matchbox."
- JP: "I got a concerned phonecall from our William actually, while that record was playing, to say that his girlfriend was very disturbed indeed at the thought that I might actually have a hymen in a matchbox. I had to assure her that it was a rather tasteless joke."
- Freddie King: Driving Sideways (format?) Polydor
- Stanton: Electric (2 x 7" - The Twominutemen) Jonson Family
- Casiocore: Luxury Cakes (LP - The Sound Of Tomorrow Today) Slabco
- Black Emanuelle: Madonna (12") Flesh / MFS
- Chat with Mary Anne Hobbs.
- Los Planetos Del Agua: I Couldn't Help Her Stay So I Helped Her Leave (LP - Too Many Bricks And Not Enough Sea) Antenna
- Early Humans: Early Humans: The Dawn Of Man (CD EP) Wantage USA
- Chang Siao Ying: I Miss You Forever (Various Artists Compilation LP - Asian Takeaways) Normal
- Mauro Picotto: Pulsar (12") BXR
- Sparks: This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both Of Us (7") Island
- Theory In Practice: This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both Of Us (LP - Colonizing The Sun) Listenable
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.