- (Introduction to show, mood of Peel, interesting comments, etc. If possible, please add mentions of gigs attended, football matches, TV appearances, stories of past/current activities, etc, for use elsewhere on John Peel Wiki.)
- In common with many of the late 70s Peel shows, John is rather posher of tone and quite curt with none of the rambling monologues which characterised his later shows.
- Ivor Cutler # 9, recorded 3rd April 1978, repeat, first broadcast 12 April 1978.
- Whitecats # 1, recorded ?, repeat, first broadcast 03 April 1978. This session is not noted in the BBC Keeping It Peel minisite.
(Please add details of any commercial release of these sessions)
- cuts in mid programmes
- Stiff Little Fingers: Suspect Device (7") Rigid Digits SRD - 1 back announced only
- Ivor Cutler: Life In A Scotch Sitting Room Vol II, Episode 8 (session)
- Clint Eastwood and Bold One : Dry Up Your Tears (single) Cha Cha Music CHAD 6
- Bizarros: A New Order (7" - Laser Boys) Clone CL 003
- Waitresses: Slide (7" - In "Short Stack" ) Clone CL 006
- Germs: Lexicon Devil (7") Slash Scam 101
- Ivor Cutler: There's Got To Be Something There (session)
- Slaughter And The Dogs: Victim Of The Vampire (album - Do It Dog Style
- Dogs: No Way () Melody Massacre
- JP - "And did you notice the mature way in which I resisted the temptation of speaking to you in an unconvincing French accent? I'm getting better." This resistance would all come crashing down in later years.....
- Whitecats: Second Time Around (session)
- Prince Mohammed: Thunder And Lightning () Phase One
- Ivor Cutler: Life In A Scotch Sitting Room Vol II, Episode 14 (session)
- Buzzcocks: I Don't Mind (7") United Artists UP 36386
- Five Hand Reel: Sherriff Muir (album - Earl Of Moray)
- cuts out
- 1978-05-05 Peel Show.mp3
- Tape from Darrg: "found in the early eighties on the reverse of a chrome C90 which had been given to my dad by one of his workmates!"
- Please address all re-up requests to Peel Mailing List.