- BBC Radio One
- According to "The Peel Sessions" (p236, under 2/12/96) this is the 4th show of the 2nd "Classic Sessions" Series (See also 1996-06-24). It comprises mainly cover versions.
- Original recording date of each track give in brackets, along with source program if not John Peel.
- Billy Bragg talks about his first session, where he revealed he heard John Peel feeling hungry for a mushroom biriyani on Kid Jensen's show, which prompted him to send a mushroom biriyani to the BBC and telling security that it was a delivery for John Peel, where Bragg left his LP with the meal to Peel. Bragg also reveals that the BBC paid for his taxi when giving his first session.
- Ted DeBono recalls Killing Joke recording their first session.
- Thanks to Steve[TK] who "risked my hearing and my sanity" to identify three of the tracks.
- All tracks are session tracks
- Undertones: Rock 'n' Roll (21/1/80)
- Primitives: As Tears Go By (30/9/86)
- Boo Radleys: Alone Again Or (12/3/91)
- Billy Bragg: Jeanne (20/8/85)
- Bauhaus: Telegram Sam (4/12/79)
- Flaming Lips: Life On Mars (13/10/92)
- Killing Joke: The Empire Song (11/12/81)
- File 1 begins
- Sonic Youth: Rowche Rumble (11/10/88)
- Stupids: Life's A Drag (1987-05-12)
- Extreme Noise Terror: Shock Treatment (1990-02-06)
- Unseen Terror: Incompatible/Burned Beyond Recognition (1988-03-22)
- Associates: Heart Of Glass (8/9/85 - Janice Long)
- Robert Wyatt: I'm A Believer (10/9/74)
- Soup Dragons: Purple Haze (7/12/86)
- Inspiral Carpets: Gimme Shelter (26/3/89)
- Jimi Hendrix: Day Tripper (15/12/67 - Top Gear)
- File 1 ends at end of show
- 1) Peel-1997-01-06-Classic-Sessions.mp3
- 2) 020A-H08267XXXXXX-0200A0.mp3
- 1) 0:28:10
- 2) 1:00:18
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.