- a) From John Peel - Altered Images 81 mixtape from Mark, who comments: "features the Mighty Wah!/Wah Heat! who at this time were merely Wah! Many mentions of his impending trip to Paris to see Liverpool in European Cup Final and need for a holiday … having messed up plans by arranging to take the John Peel roadshow to East Kilbride!”.
- b) Hinton Box recording concentrates on the Wah! session. Since both files are pause button edits, it is impossible to work out how they fit together. Some tracks appear on both.
- Wah!, #2 (rpt). Recorded 1981-03-30. No known commercial release.
- Altered Images, #2 (rpt). Recorded 1981-03-02. No known commercial release.
- Altered Images: 'Jeepster' (Peel Session)
- Waitresses – Astronettes: from a compilation of Akron bands: Bowling Balls II (1981) (US) (Clone CL013)
- (link between Waitresses and Simple Minds tracks)
- Simple Minds: 'The American. 7" (Virgin VS 410) May 1981
- Wire: 'Our Swimmer (7")' (Rough Trade)
- (link between Wire and Altered Images tracks)
- Altered Images: 'Idols' (Peel Session)
- (link between Altered Images and Diamond Steel Band tracks)
- Diamond Steel Band: 'Voices Of Spring'
- (Played to remind him of a holiday he had 4 years before … “nights by the pool lying out there drinking silly drinks and that band playing in the background”)
- Wah!: 'The Checkmate Syndrome' (Peel Session)
- (link between Wah! and Infinite Lots tracks)
- Infinite Lots: Human Army from “The Buntingford LP” on Small Town Records
- Wah!: 'Sleep' (Peel Session)
- Wah!: 'Forget The Down' (Peel Session)
- Diagram Brothers unknown - edited out (follows Wah! directly)
- Wah!: 'Cut Out' (Peel Session)
- (JP: 'That's Wah!. Excellent stuff, must be said: Pete Wylie wrote it.')
- (JP: 'I can't see why they'd induce terror in record company breasts, I must say. Those are Wire...and that'll be issued on May 15th.')
- (JP: 'Give me a moment, I'll be with you. That's Wah and Sleep, the last from them.')
- a) John Peel - Altered Images etc 81
- b) BH014 JP 1981-05-06 Side B
- a) 01:34:17 (from 00:46:47 to 01:18:45)
- b) 00:19:04
- a) Shared via Peel Mailing List. Many thanks to Mark not only for the file, but also the comments and detailed tracklisting.
- b) File created from BH014 of the Hinton Box. Many thanks to Brian and Colin.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.