- John Peel Show
- Start of show: “Hello again. This is John Peel on the BBC World Service. You’ll forgive me if I am not the fresh-faced fun-loving DJ I am normally, but I have a very severe cold. All British men, believe me, when they have a cold, they are dying, and I am no exception.”
- Delgados: Sucrose (single) Chemikal Underground
- Wedding Present: Dreamworld (LP – Saturnalia) Cooking Vinyl
- Impala: Yesiree! (EP – Cozy Corner) Estrus
- Future Sound Of London: My Kingdom (12”) Virgin
- Spent: Umbrella Wars (LP – A Seat Beneath The Chairs) Merge
- (JP: ”In 1966 I was living and working in San Bernardino, California and I went to a shopping center in the nearby town of Riverside to see, well, to witness the opening of a new shopping mall along with a band called the Mystics, who were playing there. And also playing there that afternoon was a band called the Misunderstood, one of the very best bands that I ever saw in all of my life. And I went with them a few weeks later to a recording studio in Hollywood where they made their first and only demo tape. And some of the tracks of that have survived and have been issued a couple of times now on record, and here’s one of the tracks. It has a very strange beginning, which I don’t remember from the studio, but nevertheless I shall leave it in. It’s marvelous stuff. The Misunderstood…”)
- Misunderstood: I'm Not Talking (LP – Before The Dream Faded) Cherry Red
- Paul Van Dyk: Seven Ways (LP – Seven Ways) MFS
- Full half hour show. Good quality sound, not short-wave.
- Many thanks to User:Sav.eloi
- See World Service 96-97.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.