- Tracklisting below is from Volume 1 of the Decktician Logs. Many thanks to Decktician, Ken Garner for copying and additional information, and Rocker for acting as central HQ.
- The Bill Oddie single was later found in John Peel's Record Box.
- Ken Garner credits one of the sessions to "Daddy Long Legs", rather than Daddy Longlegs, which was the style used on the band's albums (see Record Collection: B).
- Playlist consists of new or recent material, with only one exception - the B-side of a 1965 hit single by the Animals, although it's played here as a track from the US release of the Animal Tracks LP, a "Disinterred Thirty Three and a Third" - a spot on the show (complete with jingle) which was abandoned after 1970, even if Peel continued to play occasional tracks from non-current LPs.
- Peel mentions that Marc Bolan plays guitar on the new single by David Bowie, who is going to appear on tomorrow's Sunday concert show. He then plays Daddy Longlegs' session version of their single "Getting High Again", which got them into trouble due to its drug references.
- Daddy Longlegs #1 First broadcast of only session. Recorded 1970-01-26.
- Van Der Graaf Generator #2 First broadcast. Recorded 1970-01-27. Officially released on "The Box " (Virgin) and on "After The Flood: At The BBC 1968-1977" (2xCD, 2015, Universal).
- Soft Machine #3 Repeat of session first broadcast 29 November 1969. Recorded 1969-11-10. ‘Mousetrap / Noisette /Backwards / Mousetrap Reprise / Esther's Nose Job’ released BBC Radio 1967-1971 (Hux).
- Juke Boy Bonner Repeat of session first broadcast 08 November 1969.
(Please add details on session number, recording date, etc, plus any commercial releases)
(Please add further release details, external links, etc.)
- Gene Vincent: White Lightning (LP – I’m Back And Proud) Dandelion 63754
- Juke Boy Bonner: I Didn't Know (session) $
- Simon & Garfunkel: El Condor Pasa (LP - Bridge Over Troubled Water) CBS S 63699
- Love Sculpture: In The Land Of The Few (LP - Forms And Feelings) Parlophone PCS 7090
- Van Der Graaf Generator: Darkness (11/11) (session)
- Daddy Longlegs: Where Have All Your Clothes Gone (session)
- Bill Oddie: On Ilkla Moor Baht 'at (single) Dandelion 4786
- Plastic Ono Band: Instant Karma (single) Apple APPLES 1003
- King Crimson: Cat Food (single) Island WIP 6080
- Juke Boy Bonner: Some People Say They Know Me (session)
- Soft Machine: Mousetrap / Noisette /Backwards / Mousetrap Reprise / Esther's Nose Job (session)
- Matthews Southern Comfort: Please Be My Friend (LP – Matthews’ Southern Comfort) UNI UNLS 108
- Daddy Longlegs: Bad Blood Mama (session)
- GTOs: The Captain's Fat Theresa Shoes (LP – Permanent Damage) Straight STS 1059
- Juke Boy Bonner: Jumping With Juke Boy (session) $
- Van Der Graaf Generator: After The Flood (session)
- Norman Greenbaum: Spirit In The Sky (single) Reprise RS 20885
- Tyrannosaurus Rex: Find A Little Wood (b-side of single - By The Light Of The Magical Moon) Regal Zonophone RZ 3025
- File 1 starts below
- Daddy Longlegs: Getting High Again (session)
- "It's time this week for our Disinterred 33 & A Third once again, off you go". Cue over the top jingle. "Match that, Kenny Everett"
- Animals: Club A Go-Go (album - Animal Tracks) MGM $
- John & Beverley Martyn: John The Baptist (7") Island WIP 6076
- Juke Boy Bonner: Well, Well (session)
- Michael Chapman: Naked Ladies And Electric Ragtime (LP – Fully Qualified Survivor) Harvest SHVL 764 (JP calls Chapman "one of my favourite singers in the whole world" but plays a guitat instrumental by him. Peel also mentions that Mick Ronson, who is featured on the LP, will also appear on tomorrow's Sunday concert show with David Bowie)
- Spirit: 1984 (7") CBS 4773 (JP saw them live in the previous week and raves about their performance, saying they were "perhaps the most impressive band I've ever seen play live in my life"". His attitude towards them cooled later on - see the WIki page on the band for details)
- File 1 ends just before the end of show
- Tracks marked $ available on File 2
- 1) J P Top Gear 03 Jan and 07 Feb 1970.mp3
- 2) J P reel tracks only 1.mp3
- 1) 22:13 (from 0:46)
- 2) 1:55:22 (from 1:48:07) (to 1:53:08 unique)
- Many thanks to Tim for purchasing from eBay and digitisation.
- 2) Dec 1969 to Feb 1970 Mix Reel
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.