- Peel comments on the impracticality of the sandpaper sleeve on the Durutti Column LP.
- Featured in tomorrow evening's 'Personal Call' on Radio One with 'Simon Beast' are Hugh Cornwell and Jet Black of the Stranglers.
- Simple Minds #1. First broadcast of session, recorded 19-12-1979.
- Mekons #3. Repeat of session, recorded 05-11-1979 and first broadcast 19 November 1979 .
(Please add details of any commercial release of these sessions)
- Files 1 and 2 start of show
- Spizz Energi: Where's Captain Kirk? (7") Rough Trade RTSO4
- Pretenders: Space Invader (LP - Pretenders) Real
- Simple Minds: Changeling (session)
- Chords: Maybe Tomorrow (7") Polydor
- Raincoats: No Side To Fall In (LP - The Raincoats) Rough Trade
- JP: "Although it was only one minute and forty-five seconds long, during it I had time to talk to the staff on tonight's programme about the problems of obesity, because since Christmas I've been putting on weight again. I know you don't care about all of this, but it just goes to show. My trousers which I've got on this evening - in fact, the only pair of trousers that I've got - are so tight now because of all the food I've been eating over the last two or three weeks, that my legs went numb when I was driving into London this evening. Very dangerous that, you know. I don't know what it means exactly but I'm sure the doc on Kid Jerkin's programme would tell me that it was very unhealthy."
- Mekons: I Saw You Dance (session)
- Observer Allstars and King Tubby: Rebel Dance (LP - Creation Rockers Volume 6) Trojan
- Duane Eddy: Rebel Rouser (LP - A Million Dollars Worth Of Twang)
- JP: "Do you want to hear the beginning of the next track? Actually it's the beginning of the track... I shouldn't be doing this because I haven't got time, but hold on a minute... The beginning of the first track on the other side that's really good."
- Duane Eddy: Moovin' 'N Groovin' (LP - A Million Dollars Worth Of Twang) (extract)
- JP: "That's another one in the back on the net eh? You shouldn't really have two instrumentals in a row in a radio programme, so here's a third."
- Naafi Sandwich: Slice 2 (7") Absurd
- Ian North: Girls In Gangs (LP - Neo) Aura
- Dangerous Girls: Down On The File (Taaga 7" EP) Happy Face
- Jane Kennaway: Celia (7") DinDisc
- Simple Minds: Premonition (session) (tape flip in file 1 during track)
- Mekons: Beetroot (session)
- JP: "Never cared much for beetroots you know really. I think it's the colour as much as anything. It looks somehow extra-terrestrial and somehow rather unattractive."
- Technycolor: Bunker (7") Another Swiss Label
- Misty In Roots: Richman (12") People Unite
- Vandells: Bank Holiday (LP - Vaultage 79 (Another Two Sides Of Brighton)) Attrix
- Doctor Mix And The Remix: Out Of The Question (LP - Wall Of Noise) Rough Trade
- Doctor Mix And The Remix: Grey Lagoons (LP - Wall Of Noise) Rough Trade
- Roxy Music: Grey Lagoons (LP - For Your Pleasure) Island
- Durutti Column: Sketch For Summer (LP - The Return Of The Durutti Column) Factory
- JP: "I suppose I ought to follow it with some fatuous observation about the weather. Almost comes as a surprise to me really how amazed we British are when we always have winter around this time of the year. It always seems to come as a fresh new novelty, as a bit of a miracle every year. So I shall say nothing about it at all."
- Simple Minds: Citizen (Dance Of Youth) (session)
- A. More: Ready Ready (LP - Flying Doesn't Help) Quango
- A. More: Useless Moments (LP - Flying Doesn't Help) Quango
- Mekons: Watch The Film (session) (tape flip in file 1 during track)
- Elvis Costello and the Attractions: I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down (7") F-Beat
- File 2 cuts out
- Trailer for the British Rock and Pop Awards poll, part one.
- Mikey Dread: Headline News (album - Dread At The Control Dubwise) Dread At The Controls (now available - DATC CD 2019)
- Trailer for the British Rock and Pop Awards poll, part two.
- Revillos: Motor Bike Beat (7") Snatzo
- Slight Seconds: Puppet On A String (LP - Waiting Room) Object Music
- Simple Minds: Room (session)
- Mekons: After 6 (session)
- Half Japanese: Dream Date (7" EP) 50,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Watts Records
- Billy Boy Arnold: Don't Stay Out All Night (LP - Checkin' It Out) Red Lightning
- File 1 end of show
- 1) John Peel 1980-01-07.mp3
- 2) 1980-01-07 John Peel Radio 1 (Incomplete) DB139.mp3
- 1) 01:58.59
- 2) 01:35:01
- 1) Created from T200 and T201 of 400 Box and digitised by Dr_Mango.
- 2) Created from DB139 of Derby Box, digitised by RF.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.