- Peel had gone along to a Basement 5 gig in London on the night of Friday 4th July, but didn't manage to see them. He did though see the support act, Delta 5 and came away greatly impressed. "I found that I now rate them along with the Beat and the Undertones."
- Peel says that he's received a couple of postcards from some of the members of the Undertones. "Largely incomprehensible, it must be said, but I just wanted you to know that the stars are constantly in touch with me."
- On tomorrow night's 'Personal Call' on Radio One, the guest will be Carl Palmer from ELP.
- Full tracklisting below is also available at John Peel Papers. Many thanks to the uploader to the John Peel Papers at Facebook for sharing the information. 
- Show also documented at Tishbriz's John Peel Book at Flickr. Many thanks to Tishbriz for sharing the information. 
- Normil Hawaiians. Repeat of one and only session, recorded 1980-05-20 and first broadcast 19 June 1980.
- Moondogs #1. Repeat of session recorded 1980-04-01 and first broadcast 10 April 1980.
(Please add details of any commercial release of these sessions)
- Girlschool: Race With The Devil (7") Bronze
- Girls At Our Best: Getting Nowhere Fast (7") Record Records
- Moondogs: Schoolgirl Crush (session)
- Normil Hawaiians: Memories (session)
- Black Uhuru: World Is Africa (LP - Sinsemilla)
- Adam & The Ants: Kings Of The Wild Frontier (single)
- Bow Wow Wow: C30 C60 C90 Go! (7") EMI
- Professionals: Just Another Dream (7") Virgin
- Basement 5: Silicon Chip (7") Island
- Delta 5: You (7")
- Moondogs: Talking In The Canteen (session)
- JP: "These days I'm maybe becoming a little over sensitive, but anytime I get a record by a band that I've never heard of before, I always suspect that it could possibly be Mike Read and in a lot of cases of course, it is. But here's one by the Suspicions... and it doesn't sound an awful lot like Mike Read and the fact that it's produced by David Cunningham lends me to suspect that it probably isn't on this occasion a record by Mike Read."
- Suspicions: The Laughing Policeman (7") Arista
- Normil Hawaiians: The Beat Goes On (session)
- Jimmy Reed: Shame, Shame, Shame (7") Charly
- Fall: How I Wrote Elastic Man (7") Rough Trade
- JP: "John Peel's record of the week - if there was such a thing, that would unquestionably be it."
- Pop Group: Trap (LP - We Are Time) Rough Trade / Y
- Local Heroes: Blast The Pop (7") Junior Records
- Black Uhuru: Push Push (LP - Sinsemilla)
- Moondogs: Who's Gonna Tell Mary? (session)
- Distractions: Louise (LP - Nobody's Perfect) Island
- Modern English: Swans On Glass (7") 4AD
- Normil Hawaiians: Uncle Green Genes (session)
- Dead Kennedys: Holiday In Cambodia (7") Cherry Red
- Clash: Bankrobber (7") CBS
- Joy Division: Dead Souls (7" Licht Und Blindheit) Sordide Sentimentale
- Moondogs: Roddy's Gang (session)
- Black Uhuru: No Loafing (LP - Sinsemilla)
- Normil Hawaiians: Levels Of Water (session)
- Prince Jazzbo: Meaning of One (LP - Version To Version Vol 2) Trojan
- Birthday Party: Mr Clarinet (7") Missing Link
- Jimmy Noone: You Know That I Told You (details unknown)
- Midnight news read by Bill Reynolds.
- 1a) 1980-07-07 John Peel Radio 1.mp3
- 1b) John Peel - July 7, 1980
- Mixcloud Re-upped by Cameron McMenemy
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.