- John Walters takes over, while Peel is away during the week in the Netherlands doing the Pink Pop Festival.
- The British Library Sound & Moving Image Catalogue nor Ken Garner's The Peel Sessions book mentions who the session artists were on this show. The British Library mislabels this incomplete programme as a 1980 BBC World Service show, probably due to the presence of a Peel outtake from the BBC World Service mentioning Siouxsie & The Banshees' 1980 album Kaleidoscope on the programme.
- The sessions if broadcast on this show were certain to have been repeats from Peel's shows.
- Before the show an excerpt from the news mentions two Americans were rescued near Lands End after their trimaran named Bonifacio was capsized while taking part in the Trans-Atlantic race. This would date the programme as 8th June 1981.
- The programme starts with the Pickin' The Blues signature, then a Peel outtake from his BBC World Service programme where he mentions that he'll play a track from Siouxsie & The Banshees' Kaleidoscope album, before getting tongue twisted. John Walters then takes over and pretends to be all Smashie and Nicey before introducing the first track from Big Bopper.
- Big Bopper: Chantilly Lace
- 1) C602X0452XX-0100A0.mp4
- 2) JOHN PEEL SHOW funny intro fluffs/outtakes
- 1) 0:02:51
- 2) 0:05:26 (until 0:02:20)
- 1) Recordings at the British Library
- 2) Thanks to TaggleElgate