- Around half an hour of a two-hour show, recently discovered on a reel-to-reel tape by Peel Mailing List user andysmith10.
- Information on gaps in the track listing (particularly some confusion surrounding the Kenny Everett track) courtesy of Ken Garner of Peel Mailing List.
- Idle Race, #3. Recorded 1968-06-04. No known commercial release.
- Joe Cocker And The Grease Band, #1. Recorded 1968-05-20. No known commercial release.
- Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band, #2 (repeat). Recorded 1968-05-06. No known commercial release.
- Eclection, #1 (repeat). Recorded 1968-04-30. No known commercial release.
- Captain Beefheart And His Magic Band: 'Beatle Bones 'n' Smoke 'n' Stones' (Peel Session) @
- Captain Beefheart And His Magic Band: 'Safe As Milk' (Peel Session) @
- File 1 begins
- Idle Race: 'On With The Show' (Peel Session)
- Taj Mahal: Everybody's Got To Change Sometime (single) CBS/Direction 58-3547
- (JP link: 'Name Bernie's Tortoise')
- Eclection: 'Confusion' (Peel Session)
- Spooky Tooth: Love Really Changed Me (LP: It's All About A Roundabout) Island ILP 9080
- Captain Beefheart And His Magic Band: 'Kandy Korn' (Peel Session) @
- (JP: 'I realise that the idea of a DJ under 40 who sings in tune is a fairly revolutionary concept, but there is one, and it's Kenny Everett. He's already done the pop star thing of disavowing this record, and doesn't want to know anything about it.')
- Kenny Everett: It's Been So Long (single) MGM 1421 (edited out)
- The Who: Call Me Lightning (single) Decca 32288 (US release only)
- Joe Cocker And The Grease Band: 'I Shall Be Released' (Peel Session)
- Spirit: Uncle Jack (single) CBS 3523
- Idle Race: 'The Morning Sunshine' (Peel Session) (edited out)
- Tyrannosaurus Rex: Graceful Fat Sheba (LP: My People Were Fair And Had Sky In Their Hair...But Now They're Content To Wear Stars On Their Brows) Regal Zonophone LBZ 1003
- Otis Redding: 'The Happy Song (Dum-Dum)' (N.B. According to the PasB, this is not from the show, and has been edited in from elsewhere: only a short excerpt)
- File 1 ends
- Eclection: 'In The Early Days' (Peel Session) (missing from tape)
- Captain Beefheart And His Magic Band: 'You Gotta Trust Us' (Peel Session) @
- Tracks marked @ available on File 2
- 1) Top Gear 1968-06-09
- 2) CaptainBeefheart1968TopGearSessions
- 1) 00:30:49
- 2) 33:04 (13:21 on) (to 20:48 and from 25:35 unique)
- Shared via Peel Mailing List.
- Many thanks to Andy! And to Eddie for the track listing!
- 1) This low volume recording is rather bass heavy and with almost non-existent treble.
- 2) Full details at SugarMegs
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.