- John Peel's Music On BFBS
- BFBS (Germany)
- (JP: 'In case you hear the occasional bang in the course of this programme, it's just ice floes banging against the equipment, which is all very well. I mean, I don't mind being cold, but this polar bear repellent smells a bit disgusting.')
- (JP: 'Actually, what I categorised as polar bear repellent turns out to be Bob Harris' aftershave. What he does with the stuff, I simply can't imagine. Smells most disagreeable when left on the equipment: I think he must have himself lowered into a vat of it or something first thing in the morning, because it's nasty in the extreme.')
- (JP: 'I'm not terrifically keen on kissing. I mean, kissing members of my family, that's fine I suppose, but I rather resent the spread of this kind of European tomfoolery as I see it of everybody kissing everybody else whenever they meet. Whenever people come round to dinner at our house, which as you can imagine isn't very often...there's no kissing in this house, if you don't mind. I have noticed actually that most of humankind is perfectly happy to co-operate with me in this.')
- (JP: 'To kind of lighten the mood slightly, a record which is almost up there with Paralyzed by the Legendary Stardust Cowboy.')
- (JP: 'Is this the first nervous breakdown to have made it onto vinyl, I wonder?')
- 1) Peel 089
- 2) Peel 090
- 1) 00:45:31 (to 43:35)
- 2) 00:47:06 (to 13:19)
- Many thanks to Dirk.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.