- The Paramounts were precursors of Procol Harum, who also included Robin Trower. JP is not especially impressed with the latter's latest LP.
- Only just over half the show is currently available.
- Pop Group #1 First broadcast of only session. Recorded 1978-07-03.
- (cuts in)
- (JP: "It’s a good programme this, isn’t it? ‘No!’ goes up the cry from 100,000 throats. Well, I think it is anyway and rude bits to those of you who don’t.”)
- Althea & Donna: Make A Truce (Version) (12” single) Rankin
- Streetwalkers: Daddy Rolling Stone (LP – Red Card) Vertigo
- Pop Group: We Are Time (session)
- Paramounts: Poison Ivy (EP) EMI reissue
- Robin Trower: I’m Out To Get You (LP - Caravan To Midnight) Chrysalis
- (JP: “I thought things that Robin Trower was doing three or four years ago were terrif, but this I’m not to keen on at all, I must say.”)
- (JP: “I tell you what, if I can make Half Japanese into a cult band, I can do anything I reckon. Megalomania will set in on an epic scale.”)
- Rich Kids: Ghosts Of Princes And Towers (single) EMI
- Mick Farren: Zombie Line / Bela Lugosi (LP – Vampires Stole My Dinner Money) Logo
- Ram Jam: Hurricane Ride (JP – Portrait Of The Artist As A Young Ram) Epic
- (JP: “That’s a good deal better than the first LP. On the other hand, it would almost certainly have to be, I think.”)
- Pop Group: Words To Disobey Me (session)
- Leo Kottke: The Train And The Gate: From Terry's Movie (LP – Burnt Lips) Chrysalis
- Earth & Stone: Give Me (12” single) Cord
- Johnny Adams: Reconsider Me (LP – Heart And Soul) Charly reissue
- Gloria Mundi: I, Individual (LP – I, Individual) RCA
- Cougars: Saturday Nite At The Duckpond (EP - Saturday Nite With The Cougars)
- (end of show / news)
- 1978-08-10 (Pop Group)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.