- Sunday Request Show
- Peel sits in for Annie Nightingale's Sunday Request Show.
- A few minutes of the clip of the show.
- The sound quality is not brilliant.
- Date of the show has now been confirmed as 12 August 1979 rather than the 11th. (See also BBC Genome listing).
- Tape cuts in
- Gene Vincent: Race With The Devil
- (JP: "Well you can advance any name you like, but I still say Gene Vincent, very greatest of the rockers. That's Race With The Devil, one of the all time favourites as I say. On my birthday programme, actually on my own programme, Thursday night August the 30th, I'll shall be playing my 40 favourite records ever and I started making lists of course, because I'm a compulsive maker of lists. And my first has a 150 records on it and that's just the singles, so it's gonna take alot of paring down, but I'll do it, I'll do it.")
- Penetration: Come Into The Open
- Tape Edit
- (JP: "And that's Robert Palmer, demonstrating conclusively that you could be very good looking and still make boring records. That's a new single called Jealous. Lots of good stuff coming after the news, including this week's best record of the whole world ever, but first this.")
- Tape Edit
- Queen: Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon (short clip)
- Rockin' Dopsie: My Baby She's Gone (Tape finishes before the middle of the song)
- Peel SARS 12.8.79
- Many thanks to Scott from the Peel Mailing List