- BBC Radio One (and Two)
- The guests on this Night Ride represent a cross-section of voices more familiar to listeners to BBC Radio 3.
- Members of the Early Music Consort David Munrow and Christopher Hogwood both became well-known broadcasters. They appear on the programme because of their collaboration with session guests the Young Tradition on the album Galleries. (Two of the session tracks listed below may be instrumentals played by Munrow and Hogwood.) The YT were one of the few traditional folk acts who appealed to that segment of the late 1960s folk audience, mostly interested in contemporary folk songwriters and guitarists, who listened to Peel's programmes.
- The guest poet is Stevie Smith, not an "umderground" writer but an established (although quirkily original) figure who had previously read her work on Radio Three's poetry programmes.
- Peel also interviews Hans Keller, at the time Controller of Radio Three. Peel plays him a couple of tracks, but Keller's judgments are as uncompromising as in his earlier TV interview with Pink Floyd. Jefferson Airplane's "The Other Side of This Life" he dismisses as "primitive", while a Young Tradition session track is described as "primitive, but superbly performed". Nevertheless Peel and Keller find some common ground - in a shared love of football.
- The Young Tradition #1 - with guest musicians David Munrow and Christopher Hogwood.
- Stevie Smith (poet)
(Please add details of any commercial release of these sessions)
- Jefferson Airplane: Other Side of This Life (LP: Bless Its Pointed Little Head (Live)) RCA LSP 4133 (US release)
- The Young Tradition: John Barleycorn (session)
- The Young Tradition: Wondrous Love (session)
- The Young Tradition: Banks of the Nile (session) @
- The Young Tradition: Three Traditional Airs (session)
- The Young Tradition: Five Cuts Jig (session)
- The Young Tradition: En Vrai Amour (session)
- The Young Tradition: Bright Morning Star (session)
- The Young Tradition: The Rolling of the Stones (session)
- The Young Tradition: What If A Day (session)
- (plus poems by Stevie Smith)
- Track marked @ available on File 1
- The Young Tradition - Peel session - Night Ride 12/2/69
- Many thanks to Colin Harper
- Please address all re-up requests to Peel Mailing List.