- Still carried away with the new Quads single first played on 09 August 1979. Plays both sides again here.
- Peel mentions having seen Secret Affair and the Teenbeats in London "a couple of weeks ago". This was prior to the recording of the debut session by the former band.
- During the programme, John also mentions that he's been speaking to The Shend of the Cravats. The group are playing a gig in Ipswich that evening.
- Peel isn't sure what speed the single by Materialshlacht should be played at. After trying both 33 1/3 and 45 rpm, he proceeds with the latter.
- Re-edited version eliminates strange interlude during one of the XTC tracks that was on the recording as originally shared.
- Steel Pulse #3 (first broadcast)
- Loudon Wainwright III #7 (first broadcast, 'Dump The Dog And Feed The Garbage' not on available recording)
(Please add details of any commercial release of these sessions)
- Files 1 & 2 begin at start of show
- Quads: There Must Be Thousands (single) Big Bear
- Penetration: Come Into The Open (single) Virgin
- Loudon Wainwright III: Saturday Morning Fever (Peel session)
- Prince Buster: Shakin’ Up Orange Street (12” single) Blue Beat
- Fall: In My Area (single – Rowche Rumble b-side) Step-Forward
- Outcasts: Love You For Never (LP – Self-Conscious Over You) Good Vibrations
- Teenbeats: I Can’t Control Myself (7") Safari
- Steel Pulse: Uncle George (Peel session)
- XTC: Making Plans For Nigel / Helicopter / Day In Day Out (LP - Drums & Wires) Virgin
- Quads: You’ve Got To Jive (single – reverse of There Must Be Thousands) Big Bear
- Loudon Wainwright III: April Fool’s Day Morn (Peel session)
- File 2 cuts out
- Spizzenergi: Soldier, Soldier (single) Rough Trade
- Jam: When You’re Young (single) Polydor
- Muddy Waters: Hard Days
- Cockney Rejects: I Wanna Be A Star (single - Flares 'N Slippers) Small Wonder
- Steel Pulse: Reggae Fever (Peel session)
- Loudon Wainwright III: Vampire Blues (Peel session)
- Frantic Elevators: Voice In The Dark (single) TJM
- Sods: Flickering Eyes (LP - Minutes To Go) Step Forward
- Materialshlacht: Kinderfreundlich (single) Schizoania
- Loudon Wainwright III: The Acid Song (Peel session)
- Guitar Crusher: Since My Baby Hit The Numbers
- Steel Pulse: Unseen Guests (Peel session)
- Teardrops: Colours (v/a LP – Identity Parade) TJM
- Angelic Upstarts Student Power (LP - Teenage Warning) Warner Bros
- File 1 cuts out
- 1) 1979-8-13 John Peel Radio 1 v2 (Incomplete).mp3
- 2) 1979-08-13 John Peel Radio 1 (incomplete) DB098.mp3
- 1) 1.50.47 (re-edited version)
- 2) 46:49
- 1) File created from T123 and T124 of 400 Box.
- 2) File created from DB098 of Derby Box, digitised by RF
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.