- Room are not in session, but the tracks played from their cassette album were described as a session in Ken's book.
- Peel moans about how short records are these days: "In the good old days... You could put on one side of a Pink Floyd LP and go up to the canteen for half an hour, game of cards out in the control room. Now of course, you don't get a moment's peace."
- John says of the Gene Vincent track 'Say Mama' - "when I was a soldier of the Queen, years and years and years ago and we had camp dances, and I'd had rather too much to drink, I used to try and stagger on stage, grab a microphone and sing it. I don't think I ever got further than the first couple of lines but it has considerable sentimental importance to me for that reason."
- Minny Pops #1, recorded 12th November 1980, repeat, first broadcast 02 December 1980. Available on album - Secret Stories LTM LTMCD 2353
(Please add details of any commercial release of these sessions)
- cuts in around 15 minutes into the programme
- Minny Pops: Ice Cube (session)
- Delroy Williams: All The Time (12") Rockers International back announced
- James Brown: Rapp Payback Part II (Where Iz Moses?) (7" - Rapp Payback (Where Iz Moses?)) RCA RCA 28 Plays wrong side by mistake (Wrong Track Moment).
- Chuck Berry: Roll Over Beethoven (album - Chuck Berry's Golden Decade (The Original Two Albums))
- Room: Who Are Your Friends (cassette - Bitter Reaction) Box BOX 002
- Passions: (Don't Talk To Me) I'm Shy (7" - I'm In Love With A German Film Star) Polydor POSP 222
- Wall: One Born Every Day (album - Personal Troubles And Public Issues) Fresh FRESH LP 2
- Dead Kennedys: Kill The Poor
- Minny Pops: Jets (session)
- Ethiopians: Hong Kong Flu (album - Reggae Power) Trojan TTL 10
- Sound: Words Fail Me (album - Jeopardy) Korova KODE 2
- Tango Brigade: Donegal (7") Epic S EPC 9398
- Room: Waiting Room (cassette - Bitter Reaction) Box BOX 002
- Timecheck: It's 10:52.
- Johnny Otis Show: Midnight In The Barrelhouse (album with Dee Williams & James Von Streeter - The Original Johnny Otis Show Volume II) Savoy SJL 2252
- Lydia Lunch: Atomic Bongos (album - Queen Of Siam) Celluloid CEL 2-6561
- Minny Pops: Mono (session)
- Attendants: Dead Beats And No-Ones (7" - The Happy Families) Black And White BW 2
- General Saint & Clint Eastwood: Tribute To General Echo (7") Greensleeves GRED 49
- Spherical Objects: Mama Tried (album - Further Ellipses) Object OBJ 012
- Gene Vincent: Say Mama
- Room: Fever (cassette - Bitter Reaction) Box BOX 002
- Nuclear Socketts: Pretenders Zeal (7" EP - Honour Before Glory) Subversive SUB 001
- Repetition: A Still Reflex (7" - The Still Reflex / Fade Out) Les Disques Du Crépuscule TWI 012
- John self-castigates over his sexist comments.
- Revolutionaries: Go Right Deh (b/w 7" by Desi Roots - Go Deh Right) Hawkeye HD 33
- Minny Pops: Goddess (session)
- Robert Wyatt: At Last I Am Free (12" Arauco / Caimanera / At Last I Am Free / Strange Fruit) Rough Trade Germany 6005 139
- Delta 5: Colour (7" - Try / Colour) Rough Trade RT 061
- Room: Car Crash (cassette - Bitter Reaction) Box BOX 002
- File cuts out
- 1981-01-13 Peel Show DB218.mp3
- File created from DB218 of Derby Box, digitised by Weatherman22.
- Please address all re-up requests to Peel Mailing List.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.