- (Introduction to show, mood of Peel, interesting comments, etc. If possible, please add mentions of gigs attended, football matches, TV appearances, stories of past/current activities, etc, for use elsewhere on John Peel Wiki.)
- The Tim Buckley tracks may not be in the same order as on the original playlist. After "Love From Room 170" Peel says "Hope he comes back very soon", which may indicate that it was the final session track, played quite late in the show.
- Also played was "Canyons Of Your Mind" by Bonzo Dog Band according to John on the following week's Top Gear
- Joe Cocker And The Grease Band #2, recorded 7th October 1968. No known commercial release.
- Tim Buckley #2, recorded 1st October 1968. No known commercial release. The Untitled track is an early version of "The Train" (from the Blue Afternoon LP) and Love from Room 170 was re-titled as "Love From Room 109" on the LP Happy Sad. The two tracks here appeared on a rare 1980s bootleg LP "Happy Mad".
- Fleetwood Mac #5, recorded 27th August 1968, repeat, first broadcast 01 September 1968. No known commercial release.
- Honeybus #3 recorded 20th August 1968, repeat, first broadcast 15 September 1968. No known commercial release.
(Please add details of any commercial release of these sessions)
- Joe Cocker And The Grease Band: Let's Go Get Stoned (session) #
- Tim Buckley: Love From Room 170 (session) @ JP: Hope he comes back very soon, that's Tim Buckley and Love From Room 170
- Tim Buckley: Untitled (session) @ JP: Tim Buckley and that was an untitled song
- Tim Buckley: Buzzin'Fly (session)
Tracks marked # on File 1
Tracks marked @ on File 2
- 1a) Joe Cocker & the Grease Band - Peel session - Top Gear 13/10/68
- 1b) 1968-10-13 TG 13.10.68 Joe Cocker
- 2) 1968-10-13 Tim Buckley Top Gear Session #2 am recording
- 1) 5:23
- 2) 8:31
- Many thanks to Colin Harper. File 1b is centred.
- Many thanks to Nick Halliwell for providing the Tim Buckley source bootleg
- Please address all re-up requests to Peel Mailing List.