- John Peel's Music On BFBS
- BFBS (Germany)
- "'Tommy Vance gets more mail than you, Tommy Vance gets more mail than you', they've been chanting at me all day here at BFBS. This may be the case, but I've learnt to live with disappointment over the years, and heartbreak, and so forth, but I must admit that two postcards and one letter is a bit pathetic."
- In the course of discussing a newspaper cutting sent to him, possibly the first mention of the title of Margrave Of The Marshes occurs.
- From Peel 102 (BFBS)
- (JP:: 'Are you ready to rock? John Peel's Music On BFBS: all of human life is here, stepping gingerly along the foul pavement that leads to oblivion.')
- Pixies: 'Debaser (single sided 12"-Pix One)' (4AD)
- Birdland: 'Hollow Heart (12")' (Lazy)
- Snapper: 'Cause Of You (12"-Snapper EP)' (Avalanche)
- John Cooper Clarke: 'Thirty Six Hours (LP-Snap, Crackle & Bop)' (Epic)
- (JP: 'Always plainly miles ahead of anybody who might have considered themselves competition, I think....I wish he was still doing stuff like that, I mean, he still works but mainly doing that again, really, rather than new things.')
- Flaming Lips: 'Redneck School Of Technology (LP-Telepathic Surgery)' (Enigma)
- 3 Mustaphas 3: 'Sitna Lisa (LP-Heart Of Uncle)' (Ace / Mercury)
- (JP: 'No zaniness at all. Actually, zany is one of those key words, isn't it? Whenever I see in the television pages of the papers and things, if somebody's described as "zany", I always think, right, I'm not having that swine in my house. Kenny Everett was always described as zany, and I hated him! Hated him!')
- Fall: 'R.O.D. (Realm Of Dusk) (LP-Bend Sinister)' (Beggars Banquet)
- Pixies: 'Wave Of Mutilation (single sided 12"-Pix One)' (4AD)
- Peel 102
- 00:46:42 (to 30:25)
- Many thanks to Dirk.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.