- (Introduction to show, mood of Peel, interesting comments, etc). If possible, please add mentions of gigs attended, TV appearances, etc, for use elsewhere on John Peel Wiki.
- The presence of the Echo And The Bunnymen session together with the release dates of some of the records narrows this date down to either 24 October 1983 or 14 November 1983. It is most likely that the show is that of 14 November 1983 due to the presence of the Colourbox track. This is confirmed by the show of 08 November 1983 in which John says he has just received the Colourbox album.
- Echo And The Bunnymen #6, recorded 19th September 1983, repeat, first broadcast 24 October 1983.
- Black Roots #2, recorded 7th November 1983.
(Please add details of any commercial release of these sessions)
Tracks are in order played, but these are edited highlights of this show.
- Echo And The Bunnymen: Pride (album - Crocodiles) Korova KODE 1 *
- File 1 begins
- Echo And The Bunnymen: Watch Out Below (session) *
- Shannon: Let The Music Play (re-mix)
- And Also the Trees: Shantell (7") Future FS 9
- Death Cult: God's Zoo (7") Situation Two SIT 29
- Echo And The Bunnymen: My Kingdom (session)
- Cramps: Psychotic Reaction (album - Smell Of Female) Big Beat NED 6
- Count Five: Psychotic Reaction
- Colourbox: Justice (mini-album - Colourbox) 4AD MAD315
- Echo And The Bunnymen: Ocean Rain (session)
- 400 Blows: The Return Of The Dog (12" ) Illuminated ILL 2712
- Cocteau Twins: From the Flagstones (EP - Sunburst And Snowblind) 4AD BAD 314
- Echo And The Bunnymen: Nocturnal Me (session)
- File 1 ends
- Pauline Black: unknown ..lyrics . Like a river again *
- Aswad: Rocker's Medley (album - Live And Direct) Island IMA 6 *
- Files marked * are available on File 2
- 1) 1983-11-14 Peel Show.mp3
- 2) Karl's Tape - November 1983
- 1) 45:46
- 2) 1:02:00 (28:15-46:40) (to 30:52 and from 33:33 unique)
- Shared via Peel Mailing List.
- 1) Many thanks to ...Weatherman22. Created from tape SB180
- Please address all re-up requests to Peel Mailing List.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.