- Recording is of the last 25 minutes of the show. Somewhat surprising to hear a 1974 Tim Buckley track in the playlist, although JP admits it is only because the album had just been re-released.
- Overlord X, #2. Recorded 1988-08-02. No known commercial release.
- Extreme Noise Terror, #2 (rpt). Recorded 1988-05-01. Available on Grind Madness At The BBC (Earache).
- Joi Bangla: Taj Ma House (12") BPM BP12002 @
- Jungle Band: You Got To Make It Funky (album - Jungle Groove) Charly Groove CRB1197 @
- John plays some snippets of Russ Knight the Weird Beard along with some radio commercials of the day @
- Rakotozafy: Hitako O! (album - Valiha Malaza / Famous Valiha) Globe Style ORBD 028 @
- File 1 begins
- Ranking Roger: 'In Love With You (LP-Radical Departure)' (I.R.S.)
- (JP: 'I've never forgotten really the first time that I saw the Beat, at Aston University, one of the very best gigs ever. I invited them at the time to play their set through twice, and they did this, and both times it was wonderful. Just thinking about it sets me toes tapping.')
- Cyclic Amp: 'Dead Cop (LP-People Of The Book)' (Probe Plus)
- Mekons: 'Folsom Prison Blues (Compilation LP-'Til Things Are Brighter...A Tribute To Johnny Cash)' (Red Rhino)
- Overlord X: 'Bax The Place' (Peel Session)
- Tim Buckley: 'Bring It On Up (LP-Look At The Fool)' (Discreet) @
- Extreme Noise Terror: 'Take The Strain' (Peel Session)
- Extreme Noise Terror: 'No Threat' (Peel Session)
- Queen Latifah: 'Princess Of the Posse (12")' (Tommy Boy Music)
- Happy Hate Me Nots: 'New Hope (LP-Out)' (Rough Trade US)
- (news: AM retune?)
- File 1 ends
- Tracks marked @ available on File 2
- 1) Peel Show 1988-08-15 (incomplete)
- 2) 1988-08-xx Peel Show LE016
- 1) 00:25:01
- 2) 1:33:57 (3:34- 22:31) (to 19:12 unique)
- 1) File created from CB100 of the 500 Box. Good mono FM sound at 128kbps, although the tape betrays its age in occasional drift. Many thanks to CB.
- 2) Created from LE016 of Lee Tapes, digitised by Weatherman22. Many thanks to Lee.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.