- Mentions going for a coffee with Andy Fairweather-Lowe and discussing the merits of the Charly blues series.
- Has a reply to his question about whether any bands come from Shipley (the home of The Pig) in the form of a letter from a band called Heaven 17 "..best of good fortune to them.."Possibly not THE Heaven 17 as they were from Sheffield?
- First reports that Closer is selling in "embarassing quantities" which should help Factory afford to press up more of the Komakino flexis
- Session guests Glass Torpedoes are on tour with Gary Glitter!!
- Full tracklisting is also available at John Peel Papers. Many thanks to the uploader to the John Peel Papers at Facebook for sharing the information. 
- No known commercial release.
Files 2 & 4 begin at start of show
- Piranhas: Getting Beaten Up (EP – Play Kwela!) Hansa (File 1 cuts in)
- Discharge: War's No Fairy Tale (EP – Fight Back) Clay
- Freddy McKay: Just Out Of Reach (7”) Manzie
- Stranglers: Hangin' Around (session)
- Mekons: Snow (7”) Red Rhino
- Rhythm Clicks: Short Time (7” Red Rhino
- Jimmy Hughes: Try Me (7” EP) Charly R&B
- Crewsy Fixers: No Name Girl (EP – Cast Iron Arm) Big Mix
- Joy Division: A Means To An End (LP – Closer) Factory
- Eyeless In Gaza: The Feelings Mutual (7” – Kodak Ghosts Run Amok) Ambivalent Scale
- VKTMS: Midget (7” EP) Emergency Room
- Blades: Hot For You (7”) Energy
- Fashion: Silver Blades (7”) Fashion
- Gregory Isaacs: Poor And Clean (7”) Cash & Carry (for Ali Campbell of UB40)
- Glass Torpedoes: This Is The End (session)
- Stranglers: Somethin' Better Change (session)
- Bauhaus: Terror Couple Kill Colonel (7”) 4AD
File 2 ends and File 3 begins
- Steve Swindells: Shot Down In The Night (LP – Fresh Blood) ATCO (bad distortion on tape)
- Glass Torpedoes: Forced To Smile (session)
- Fall: How I Wrote Elastic Man (7”) Rough Trade
- Sta-Prest: School Days (7”) Avatar
- Local Heroes: Blast The Pop! (7”) Junior
- Stranglers: Goodbye Toulouse (session)
- King Stit & The Dynamites: Herbsman Shuffle / Phantom (12”) Trojan
File 3 ends
File 4 ends
- Peter Hammill: Losing Faith In Words (LP – A Black Box) S-Type
- Misty In Roots: Mankind (LP – Live At The Counter Eurovision 79) People Unite
- Marching Girls: First In Line (7” – 1) Au Go Go
- Glass Torpedoes: Something New (session)
- Stranglers: I Feel Like A Wog (session)
- Henry's Final Dream: In The Marketplace (7”) Eskimo
File 1 ends at end of show
- (1) 1980-07-16 John Peel Radio 1.mp3
- (2) 1980-06-00a.mp3
- (3) 1980-06-00b.mp3
- (4) 1980-07-16 Peel Show DB181.mp3
- (1) 01:59:42 (COMPLETE SHOW - only the intro and the start of the first track is missing)
- (2) 46:54 (Start of show including intro)
- (3) 46:27 (segment to 37:50 only, last track is King Stit and the Dynamites) Last two tracks from unknown other show, likely to be late Feb 1980. Specials Skinheads Symphony and Clock DVA: Brigade (Compilation EP-1980 The First 15 Minutes) Neutron
- (4) 01:33:36
- (1) T269 of the 400 Box.
- Another tape of dubious quality - this one has some serious wobble at the end of side one and the start of side two, but is otherwise OK.
- Files 2 and 3 are of higher FM quality.
- File 4 is in excellent FM Stereo, from DB181 of Derby Box, digitised by Weatherman22.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.