- (Message to start this page from anonymous contributor): "John played Superior Life by All The Madmen as the closing track on this evening's show. It was from the album Cry Havoc, a various artists compilation compiled by the Stoke Musicians Collective."
- Session details have been included from The Peel Sessions by Ken Garner.
- The continuous section is from one in a small but select series of Peel compilations from Mark - John Peel - Fire Engines
- Restricted Code #1 First broadcast of only session. Recorded 1981-03-10.
- Frames: #1 Repeat of only session. First broadcast: 02 March 1981. Recorded 1981-02-24.
(Please add details of any commercial release of these sessions)
- Restricted Code: We Know We Know (session) @
- The band only decided to name that track today after spending a week ruminating on it
- File 1 begins
- Brian Eno & David Byrne: 'Come With Us (LP-My Life in the Bush of Ghosts)' (E'G)
- (JP: 'You know, I’m secretly rather glad that these old music hall songs are coming back again.')
- Raincoats: 'Shouting Out Loud (Cassette-NME/Rough Trade C81)' (New Musical Express)
- Frames: 'Play It By Fear' (Peel Session)
- Lines: 'Nerve Pylon (7 inch)' (Red Linear)
- (JP: 'There are few things that irritate me more and I expect you are the same than people who come on the radio and use long words and say things like laburnum and then say whatever that means the assumption being that they don’t want to embarrass their audience by appearing cleverer then them this seems to me to be to patronizing in the extreme I say all this as I have to confess that I am not exactly sure what Zeitgeist means even though I have had it explained to me on a number of occasions – probably something like the isness of being.')
- Zeitgeist: 'Shake-Rake (7 inch)' (Human)
- File 1 ends
- Restricted Code: Monkey Monkey Monkey (session) @
- Restricted Code: Yakov Bok (session) @
- Restricted Code: Shake Your Body (session) @
- JP - Some people will try anything...
- All The Madmen: Superior Life (LP - Cry Havoc - Compiled By Stoke Musicians Collective) Slip not on available recordings
- Tracks marked @ available on File 2
- 1) John Peel - Fire Engines
- 2) KevH Tape 23
- 1) 01:31:15 (45:39 to 01:03:30)
- 2) 01:26:13 (39:47 to 54:46)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.