- Full tracklisting from the PasB of the BBC Written Archives Centre.
- Peel plays a track from Matching Mole that is a tribute to his Peel Acres in Great Finborough, which was originally called Nan's True Hole.
- Peel plays 2 tracks from Loudon Wainwright III's third album. The playlist also includes early Krautrock (Neu!), a track from the first, self-produced LP by Yorkshire jazz-rock trio Back Door (soon to be signed by Warner Brothers), and "The Night", a single by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, which became a Northern Soul favourite but wasn't a hit until it was re-released in 1975.
- Show opens with a track by Finnish band Hot Thumbs O'Riley and closes with one by female American rock band Birtha.
- Presumably due to plays on Peel's shows, the Hot Thumbs O'Riley LP was issued in the UK on Charisma Records in 1973. Let It Rock's reviewer "The Demon Barber" wasn't impressed, dismissing the album in the December 1973 issue of the magazine ("My God, pub-rock from Finland...Sub-Beefheartian meandering to the sound of cocktail glasses") and saying that the main question posed by the record was why Peel liked it.
- Tír na nÓg #2. Recorded: 1972-09-04
- Glencoe #1. Recorded: 1972-09-12
- Hockett #1. Recorded: 1972-10-09
- Hot Thumbs O'Riley: Warm Rumours (LP - Wicked Ivory) Love
- Glencoe: Airport (session)
- Tír na nÓg: Teeside (session)
- Back Door: Catcote (LP - Back Door) Blakey
- Doug Kershaw: Devil's Elbow (LP - Devil's Elbow) Warner Bros.
- Hockett: When I Was A Little Boy (session) #
- Matching Mole: Nan's True Hole (LP - Matching Mole's Little Red Record) CBS
- Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons: The Night (7") Mowest
- Glencoe: Look Me In The Eye (session)
- Loudon Wainwright III: Dead Skunk (LP - Album III) Columbia
- Tír na nÓg: Going Away (session)
- Mike Hugg: Bonnie Charlie (LP - Somewhere) Polydor
- Neu!: Weissensee (LP - Neu!) United Artists
- Tír na nÓg: Strong In The Sun (session)
- Flying Burrito Bros: Losing Game (LP - The Last Of The Red Hot Burritos) A&M
- Glencoe: Telephonia (session)
- Hockett: Meri It Is (session) #
- Uncle Dog: River Road (7") Signpost
- John Prine: Everybody (LP - Diamonds In The Rough) Atlantic
- Tír na nÓg: In The Morning (session)
- Loudon Wainwright III: New Paint (LP - Album III) Columbia
- Glencoe: It's (session)
- Hockett: Seven Yellow Gypsies (session) #
- Tír na nÓg: I Wanna Roo You (session)
- Birtha: Fine Talking Man (LP - Birtha) Dunhill
Tracks marked # on File.
- Hocket on the John Peel Show, October 9, 1972 (mislabelled date, as October 9th 1972 was the date of when they recorded the session rather than the broadcast)
- Many thanks to Lipwak
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.