- Start of show: “Your man, Lammo. Where does he get all those weird records?”
- Manchester United had lost 3-2 at home against some “wily foreigners” (Deportivo Coruna). Peel: "But a typically gritty performance by United, I'm sure. Such a disappointment, but I'm sure they'll be back."
- Peel says he came across the Users single in his shed when digging out the Lee Perry track and claims he hasn’t heard it since 1977: “It was a great record in 1977 and it’s still a great record. And people would say to you at the time, ‘Of course, you know they can’t play their instruments.’ And you’d say, ‘But that’s not the point’. ”
- The Users single, which had been #37 in Peel's self-chosen 1977 Festive Fifty later turned up in John Peel's Record Box, as did the Wildbunch 7” (featuring Jack White on backing vocals).
- Son Thomas has come along for the Mogwai live set. On family matters, after the Pig's Big 78, Peel recalls that he saw the Four Aces at the Liverpool Empire with his mum.
- The Freshmen single, a 1979 Peelenium choice, is trailed as one that would get Sheila out of bed and dancing around the bedroom. It also later turned up in John Peel's Record Box.
- Mogwai #4 Live at Maida Vale. No known commercial release
- Organ Donors: We Are The Technicians (12” single) Audio Rehab
- Fall: Jim’s ‘The Fall’ (LP – Are You Are Missing Winner) Cog-Sinister
- Lee Perry: Cow Thief Skank (7” single) Upsetter
- Users: Sick Of You (single) Raw
- Melys: Chinese Whispers (single) Sylem
- Robert Hood: Master Builder (EP) Tresor
- Wildbunch: Danger High Voltage (7" single) Flying Bomb
- Mogwai live at Maida Vale
- Yes I Am A Long Way From Home
- Nick Drake
- You Don't Know Jesus
- Radar Maker
- My Father My King
- Lab 4: Be My Lover (single) Fragile
- Aqua Vista: Slim Side (7” mini LP – The Gentleman Racer) Fuzzpop
- Four Aces: The Gang That Sang Heart Of My Heart (Pig's Big 78 2001)
- Trembling Blue Stars: Haunted Days (LP – Alive To Every Smile) Shinkansen
- Mav Cacharel & Kebo: Pessa (LP - Triple Force) Axile
- Stereolab: Free Witch And No-Bra Queen (Sound Dust tour single) Duophonic
- Neil Landstrumm: Indulge Me (LP – She Took A Bullet Meant For Me) Tresor
- Yacøpsæ: Sprengstoff (LP – Einstweilige Vernichtung) Slap A Ham
- Opiate: Play (split LP – Opiate/Dub Tractor) City Center Offices
- Loudon Wainwright III: Out Of Reach (LP – Last Man On Earth) Evangeline
- Frankie Paul: All Things Bright And Beautiful (single)
- Freshmen: You've Never Heard Anything Like It (7") Release Records
- Fussible Casino Soul (LP – Nortec Collective: The Tijuana Sessions Vol. 1) Palm
- 57. John Peel 17-10-01.mp3
- Please address all re-up requests to Peel Mailing List.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.