- Night Ride ("son of Night Ride")
- Full tracklisting from the PasB of the BBC Written Archives Centre.
- This one-hour show broadcast between 8.15 and 9.15pm was one of Peel's "son of Night Ride" programmes.
- Peel has session music from Michael Chapman and poetry from Don Gardner on the show.
- Peel talks to studio guests Phil Ochs (1940-1976; American anti-Vietnam war & civil rights singer who is best remembered for his early LPs on Elektra Records, influenced Billy Bragg and was a firm favourite of Andy Kershaw) and Richard Branson, who at that time was running a magazine named Student before starting Virgin Records, initially a mail-order company, in the following year.
- The John McLaughlin track, Pete The Poet, is named after Pete Brown, poet and lyricist for Cream, who had been a guest poet on one of the early Night Rides.
- Peel plays a belly dancing tune from an Egyptian named Muhammad Al-Kahlawi, found in the BBC Archives.
- Peel plays only 2 minutes of the Water Music by experimental electronic musician Tod Dockstader, as the full song lasts 18 minutes.
- Michael Chapman #2. Recorded: 1969-06-10
- Sam Apple Pie: Tiger Man (King Of The Jungle) (7") Decca
- Michael Chapman: Rabbit Hills (session)
- Muhammad Al-Kahlawi: Gidi Ya Nar (Burn O' Fire) (BBC Archives)
- Don Gardner: In Mexico City (poetry)
- Don Gardner: For The Flames (poetry)
- Don Gardner: Night Thoughts (poetry)
- Phil Ochs: Pretty Smart On My Part (LP - Rehearsals For Retirement) A&M
- Shirley Collins & Dolly Collins: A Meeting (Searching For Lambs) (LP - Anthems In Eden) Harvest
- Setar solo from Persia called Mehour (BBC Archives)
- Michael Chapman: No Song To Sing (session)
- John McLaughlin: Pete The Poet (LP - Extrapolation) Marmalade
- Crosby, Stills & Nash: Marrakesh Express (LP - Crosby, Stills & Nash) Atlantic
- Music from the Firozkohi tribe of Afghanistan played on the Damboura (BBC Archives)
- Michael Chapman: Naked Ladies In Electric Ragtime (session)
- Tod Dockstader: Water Music (LP - Drone; Two Fragments From Apocalypse; Water Music) Owl
- Michael Chapman: No So Much A Garden More Like A Maze (session)
- Tracklisting only.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.