- Country Joe & The Fish: Pat's Song
- The Beatles: I Am The Walrus
- The Who: I Can See For Miles
- The Rolling Stones: She's A Rainbow
- Blue Cheer: Summertime Blues
- Purple Gang: Granny Takes a Trip
- Captain Beefheart: Sure Nuff 'N Yes I Do
- Love: The Castle
- Pink Floyd: Arnold Layne
- James Carr: The Dark End Of the Street
- 8 March: John Peel joins Radio London.
- The Beatles release Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. The album is previewed on Radio London on 12 May; Peel is one of the presenters. He is so impressed that it becomes a regular feature of his late-night show, now renamed The Perfumed Garden.
- Emergence of the London Underground scene: UFO Club, International Times, Oz Magazine. Peel is supportive, attending UFO during his shore leave from Radio London and promoting the underground press on the Perfumed Garden - but soon becomes critical of its commercialisation in events such as The Festival of the Flower Children, which takes place at Woburn Abbey on 25-27 August.
- June 16-18: Monterey International Pop Festival - first of the big open-air festivals of the hippy era. US debut of Jimi Hendrix Experience and showcase for the West Coast scene; enthusiastically received in UK music press (centre-page feature in Melody Maker)
- June 29: Mick Jagger and Keith Richards jailed on drugs charges. Peel devotes entire Perfumed Garden to Stones music in sympathy; Times editorial of 1 July challenges verdict ("Who Breaks a Butterfly on a Wheel?"). They are freed on appeal at end of July.
- August 14: Radio London and other offshore pirate stations close down.
- August 27: Beatles manager Brian Epstein found dead in his London flat.
- September 30: BBC Radio One begins broadcasting.
- November 19: Prime Minister Harold Wilson announces devaluation of the pound.
- December 26: BBC screens the Beatles' Magical Mystery Tour film (in black and white). It is rubbished by the TV critics, but Peel defends it on the New Year's Eve Top Gear.
Final Perfumed Garden
First Top Gear
- (BBC) Peel Biography 1967 Pt 1: London Calling
- (BBC) Peel Biography 1967 Pt 2: Top Gear
- Frequency Finder: Radio 1 schedules 1967-69
- Wikipedia: 1967
- Wikipedia: 1967 In Music
- Marmalade Skies (1967): Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / May / June / July / Aug / Sept / Oct / Nov / Dec
- List Of Shows
- 15 March 1967
- 12 May 1967
- 01 July 1967 / July 1967 (Radio London) / 12 July 1967 / 16 July 1967 / 17 July 1967 / 18 July 1967 / 19 July 1967 / 22 July 1967 / 30 July 1967
- 02 August 1967 / 06 August 1967 / 07 August 1967 / 11 August 1967 / 13 August 1967 / 14 August 1967
- Perfumed Garden (July/August)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.