- Peel had travelled to Manchester over the weekend to see The Fall (with support from Smack) . He'd met Pete Wylie at the gig and had a chat.
- He'd then taken the John Peel Roadshow to Reading University for a "blood-curdling gig" involving three unspecified bands.
- Mention of Wrexham leads Peel to note that as a child, his brother Francis Ravenscroft once fell out of a moving car in the town. "Quite amusing it seemed at the time."
- The Cravats are described as, "one of the most wonderful bands in the world."
- There is a tongue-in-cheek competition in the programme to win a white label copy of the new single ('Hot Love') by disco popster Kelly Marie.
- Peel mentions again that he will be appearing with Sheena Easton on Radio One's singles review programme Roundtable this coming Friday.
- Crispy Ambulance only session, recorded 12th January 1981.
- Attic only session, recorded 3rd December 1980, repeat, first broadcast 10 December 1980.
(Please add details of any commercial release of these sessions)
- Start of show
- Basement Five: Last White Christmas (album - 1965-1980) Island ILPS 9641
- Siouxsie & The Banshees: Jigsaw Feeling (album - The Scream) Polydor POLD 5009
- Bunny Wailer: Keep On Moving (album - Sings The Wailers) Mango MLPS 9629
- Attic: Whenever Is It (session)
- Fall: 2nd Dark Age (7" - Fiery Jack) Step-Forward SF 13
- Terminal: Hold On (7") Cargo
- Wah! Heat: Don't Step On The Cracks (7" - Seven Minutes To Midnight) Inevitable INEV 004
- Crispy Ambulance: Come On (session)
- Ethiopians: Gun Man (album - Reggae Power)
- Cravats: Gordon (album - In Toytown) Small Wonder
- B-Movie: Institution Walls (12" - Nowhere Girl) Dead Good BIG DEAD 12
- Attic: Art 5946 Foreign (session)
- T.V. Smith's Explorers: Tomahawk Cruise (7") Big Beat NS 64
- Joy Division: Isolation (album - Closer) Factory FACT. 25
- Crispy Ambulance: October 31st (session)
- Tetrack: We Don't Get Along (album - Let's Get Started) Greensleeves GREL 121 (Wrong Speed Moment)
- Passions: I'm In Love With A German Film Star (7") Polydor POSP 222
- Sieze: Why? (7") Why Not? NOT 001
- Attic: The Ability To Speak (session)
- Au Pairs: Diet (7" - Diet / Its Obvious) 021 OTO 4
- Scientist: Time Warp (album - Scientist Meets The Space Invader) Greensleeves GREL 19 described as Roots Radics
- Angelic Upstarts: Kids On The Street (7") EMI Z 16
- B-52's: Planet Claire
- Crispy Ambulance: Egypt (session)
- File cuts out
- 1981-01-19 Peel Show DB219.mp3
- File created from DB219 of Derby Box, digitised by Weatherman22.
- Please address all re-up requests to Peel Mailing List.
- ↑ Smack's debut single 'Edward Fox' had been a favourite with the DJ in the late summer and autumn of 1980, but unfortunately Peel contrived to miss their set.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.