- In 1986, Peel recorded a programme for Tokyo FM on a show called Suntory Sound Market, presumably when he was in Japan during October/November of that year. The show was broadcast on 19th January 1987, between 10 and 10:54pm where Peel choose 11 Japanese records that he bought in the country that he liked.
- The information on the show came from a Twitter page created by PussySurfers, featuring a picture of a Japanese-language article about Peel in the February 1987 issue of Takarajima magazine, as well as a Japanese website. The same publication also ran the Captain label, which released three of the records in the 11 chosen by Peel for the show and distributed another one.
- Thanks to our Steve W for the article translation, which can be seen here.
- (JP: 'Hope everyone in Japan is well. These are records bought on my first time in Tokyo, so I haven’t had time to listen to everything, but for the time being I think these are steadily the best.')
- (JP: 'Cheerful? Those guys were introduced to me by the American magazine “Maximum Rock N Roll”, but in England this is the sole source of information on Japan rock. Next, Junk Schizo, another artist I discovered here.')
- Junk Schizo: unknown track (7" - Pity To The Ignorant) Doom
- Loods: Revenge (12" - Loud Machine) Captain
- Pink: 光の子 (Hikari no ko) (LP - 光の子) Moon
- Picky Picnic: My Toast Time (LP - Aischu No Melody) Panic / Captain
- Toshinori Kondo: Sundown (12") Epic/Sony
- D.R.Y. Project: Shock Obserber (7" - Shock Obserber) LLE
- Kidorikko (きどりっこ): セレレガンスな和尚 (Sereregansuna osho) (12" - セレレガンスな愉しみ) Captain
- Min Hisako & Klinamen (泯比沙子 & クリナメン): 肉体の天使 (Nikutai no tenshi) (12" - Love & War) Captain
- Chance Operation: Long Terminal (LP - Place Kick) Telegraph
- 4-D: Piper In The Woods (12" - A Style Of Building) Telegraph
- (Peel says before the end of the show that Japan is full of good bands and wonders why everyone seems to listen to American and British music)
- Tracklisting only
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.