- (Introduction to show, mood of Peel, interesting comments, etc. If possible, please add mentions of gigs attended, football matches, TV appearances, stories of past/current activities, etc, for use elsewhere on John Peel Wiki.)
- File 2) Taken from a haul of 1500 mixed edited radio show tapes, purchased from a Scottish collector by a group including Peel Mailing List member Haze.
- Hagar The Womb only session, recorded 11th February 1984.
- Guana Batz #1, recorded 24th January 1984, repeat, first broadcast 01 February 1984.
(Please add details of any commercial release of these sessions)
File 1 starts
- Handover from Radio 2 presenter then the pips.
- Snippet of alternative version of Grinderswitch theme tune.
- JP - "He always sounds so sincere, doesn't he, nobody realises he's on tape, every single night. It's time for the beast of Broadcasting House to strike again, in mindwarping stereo, no less, shuffling out of the swamps, swathed in rotting bandages, to bite you on the neck with unexpected enthusiasm, before collapsing in a heap at your feet. In the heap tonight, General Public, Five Guys Named Moe, Jasmine Minks, The Smiths, Simple Minds, Folk Devils, Scrunter, Flying Cream Shots, Shockabilly, Julian Cope, The Jolly Brothers, Six Said Red and Frank Chickens amongst others."
- Special A.K.A.: Free Nelson Mandela (7") Two-Tone CHS TT 26
- Lay of slaging interlude
- Red Lorry Yellow Lorry: Beating My Head (12" - This Today) Red Rhino RED 48
- Frank Chickens: We Are Ninja
- cuts out
File 1 ends
- 1) Peel_2_feb_84.mp3 (misdated)
- 2) John Peel 1984-02-20
- 1) 12:36
- 2) 05:05
- Many Thanks to Kev
- Please address all re-up requests to Peel Mailing List.
- 2) Mooo