- Peel's sunnier mood returns after the previous night's grumpiness: this can probably be attributed to a) the show coming live from Peel Acres, and b) P J Harvey playing live from there.
- He resolves his own query by playing the original (by Raymonde) of a song that Morrissey had covered in the previous night's session.
- Although he professes not to understand some of her choices, he plays some records that Polly Jean has brought to the house (and then plays the wrong Howlin' Wolf track: 'Back Door Man' was the one requested).
- Comment: "It's really annoying that I've got to wait until Tuesday before I can do another radio programme. I had a meeting with the boss of Radio One earlier in the week, and I was hoping he would say, "Look John, you're doing such a fantastic job that we want you to do a two-hour programme every single night of the week": but, alas, my hopes were dashed. Maybe at another time it'll happen, I don't know." Two months later, his programme time was put back an hour, so that it ran from 11 p.m.-1 a.m.: maybe he was alluding to this?
- P J Harvey, #8. All tracks performed live: none commercially available.
- Cedell Davis - 'Coon Can Mattie (LP, Comp.: Darker Blues)' (Fat Possum)
- Raymonde: No-One Can Hold A Candle To You (LP - Babelogue) Chrysalis
- Starts playing Cedell Davis again instead of next intended track. (Wrong Track Moment)
- Spectr - 'Saigon (CDR)' (White Label)
2007 Rearranged release: Spectre313 - 'Saigon (LP, Comp.: Ten Volt)' (Transient Force)
- P J Harvey - 'The Letter' (Peel Session)
- P J Harvey - 'Uh Huh Her' (Peel Session)
- Captain Beefheart And The Magic Band - 'Click Clack (LP: Magnetic Hands - Captain Beefheart And His Magic Bands - Live In The UK 72-80)' (Viper)
- JS Ten - 'Perspection (12")' (Project Five)
- Shocking Blue - 'I'm A Woman (LP: At Home)' (Pink Elephant)
- Howlin' Wolf - 'Down In The Bottom (LP: Howlin' Wolf)' (Chess)
- A Hawk And A Hacksaw - 'A Hard Road To Home (LP: A Hawk And A Hacksaw)' (Leaf)
- P J Harvey - 'Cat On The Wall' (Peel Session)
- P J Harvey - 'Evol' (Peel Session)
- Assassin - 'We Have Gal Long Time (7")' (VP)
- John Frusciante - 'Remain (LP: To Record Only Water For Ten Days)' (Warner Music Group)
- Oxia - 'Wait (12" EP: Pure Intec EP)' (Intec)
- Knife And Fork - 'Always Greener (LP: Miserycord)' (Cutting Board)
- Sundown Playboys - 'Saturday Night Special (78)' (Apple) (Pig's Big 78)
- P J Harvey - 'Shame' (Peel Session)
- Billy "Daniel" Bunter And Jon Doe - 'All Right (12")' (Honeypot)
- Alton Stitcher - 'Kentucky (LP: I Hear A Sweet Voice Calling)' (Center Of Public History)
- Fall - 'My Ex-Classmate's Kids (CD Single: Theme From Sparta F.C. #2)' (Action)
- David Jack - 'Thank The Lucky Stars (LP: Texture Freak)' (Knife Fighting Monkeys)
- Vaults - 'Straight Faced (10": Friday Night Monday Morning Blackout EP)' (Red Flag)
- Jarman Aka Raiden - 'Carpet Bommin (12")' (Sinuous)
- Science - 'California' (White Label) Unknown
- Richard And Linda Thompson - 'Down Where The Drunkards Roll (CD: I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight)' (Island)
- Edit - 'Ants (LP: Crying Over Pros For No Reason)' (Planet Mu)
- Furry Lewis - 'Worried Blues (LP: Good Morning Judge)' (Fat Possum)
- Mono - 'Halcyon (Beautiful Days) (LP: Walking Cloud And Deep Red Sky, Flag Fluttered And The Sun Shined)' (Temporary Residence Limited)
(Wrong Track Moment: JP intended to play 'The Sky Remains The Same As Ever')
- a) John Peel 2004-05-20.mp3
- b) John_Peel_20040520.mp3
- a) 01:59:35
- b) 02:00:30
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.