- A recording and tracklisting for the last 86 minutes of a 2 hour show is available.
- Selected dance/international traclks also available on File 2.
- The show along with the session was recorded at Peel Acres and includes an interview with PJ Harvey and John Parish.
- P J Harvey and John Parish recorded live at Peel Acres on 5 September 1996. The songs 'Losing Ground', 'Snake' and 'That Was My Veil' are available on the Island Records LP / CD - The Peel Sessions 1991 – 2004 .
- Futurecore: Crackdown Electrica (12" - Bus, Dinner, Jam EP) Fused And Bruised FABR002T # @
- Interceptors: Blackpool Hallucinations (shared 7" with The Beat Poets - Boa Presents The Superior Surf Sounds Of...) Boa HISS 7
- File 5 cuts in
- East Meets West: Valve Dub (v/a album - Dubhead Volume Three) Shiver IVE LP 005 # @
- Wedding Present: Hula Doll (album - Saturnalia) Cooking Vinyl COOK 009
- Cristian Vogel: Demolish (12" - Demolish Serious Culture) Sativae tiva004 # @
- File 1 begins 28s from end of next track
- Jon Spencer Blues Explosion: ‘2Kindsa Love (LP – Now I Got Worry )’ Mute Records @
- (JP: ‘really messed up my life, the invention of the 12 inch single actually, because now the whole house is devoted to space for them.’)
- Culture: ‘A Slice Mt. Zion (CD – One Stone )' RAS Records # @
- Eska: ‘Let’s Fence (Various Artists CD – The Camden Crawl II )’ Love Train
- DJ Spooky: ‘Thoughts Like Rain (CD - Songs Of A Dead Dreamer )’ Asphodel # @
- (John interviews Polly Harvey and John Parish and plays the session tracks)
- PJ Harvey and John Parish: ‘Taut’ (Peel Session) @
- PJ Harvey and John Parish: ‘Snake’ (Peel Session) @/$
- PJ Harvey and John Parish: ‘Losing Ground’ (Peel Session)
- (JP: ‘Right, well I can’t think of any more penetrating or frightening questions.’)
- PJ Harvey and John Parish: ‘That Was My Veil’ (Peel Session)
- Captain Beefheart & Magic Band: ‘The Witch Doctor Life (LP – Ice Cream For Crow )’ Virgin
- Robert Pollard: ‘Girl Named Captain (CD – Not In My Airforce )’ Matador
- Robert Armani: ‘Lay Out (2xLP - Spectacular )’ ACV # $
- David McCallum: ‘In The Garden – Under The Tree (CD - Open Channel D )’ Rev-Ola
- Power Steppers: 'The Enclosure (LP – Bass Re-Enforcement )’Universal Egg # $
- (6:30 news)
- Adventues In Stereo: ‘Close To You (7 inch – When We Go Back )’ Creeping Bent
- Appleorchard: 'Diary Day One (7 inch – Anything Could Go Right Or Wrong )’ Rumblestrip Records
- Leicester: ‘Best in The US (12 inch )’ 5HQ Recordings $
- Jazz Gillum: 'I’m Not The Lad (album – Jazz Classic N°28) RCA 130.257 $
- Beat Poets: ‘Theme From Randall & Hopkirk [Deceased] (Split 7 inch - Boa Presents The Superior Surf Sounds Of )’ Boa $
- Tobin Sprout: ‘The Last Man Well Known To Kingpin (CD – Carnival Boy )’ Matador
- Subhead: ‘Subsdance (12 inch – Subhead 4 )’ Subhead $
- File 5 ends before the end of the song above
Tracks marked # available on File 2.
Tracks marked @ available on File 3.
Tracks marked $ available on File 4
- 1) Peel Show 1996-09-21 (incomplete)
- 2) dat_116.mp3
- 3) 1996-09-xx Peel Show LE305.mp3
- 4) 1996-09-xx Peel Show LE307.mp3
- 5) 21 September 1996.mp3
- 1) 01:26:29
- 2) 04:01:19 (00:07:49 to 00:40:13)
- 3) 1:32:47 (1:01:08 on) (to 1:17:13 additional to File 1))
- 4) (to 34:19)
- 5) 1:31:57
- 1) Many thanks to Isector.
- 2) Many thanks to Max-Dat. Dat 116
- 3) Created from LE305 of Lee Tapes, digitised by Weatherman22. Peel September 1996 Lee Tape 305
- 4) Created from LE307 of Lee Tapes, digitised by Weatherman22. Peel September 1996 Lee Tape 307
- 5) Many thanks to Clare.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.