- Peel plays both sides of the new single from Devo. He introduces the b-side with the words, "what sort of score are you boys looking for when Liverpool visit Maine Road on Saturday?" (the song begins with a count of "1,2 1,2"). The match itself finished Manchester City 1-4 Liverpool.
- The Roy Brown track was not the one Peel intended to play. He blames incorrect labelling on the record.
- The Lurkers #3. Repeat of session first broadcast 07 August 1978.
- Alternative TV #2. Repeat of session first broadcast 27 July 1978.
Available on The Radio Sessions (CD, Underground, 1995)
(Please add details of any commercial release of these sessions)
- Files 1 & 3 begin at start of show
- JP: "Do you know, I was feeling really crummy until I heard the football results. Now why wasn't I at Portman Road? Well, because I was here actually is the reason for that but - another two goals for Kenny."
- Lurkers: Here Come The Bad Times (session)
- Clash: Clash City Rockers (7") CBS S CBS 5834
- Bunny Wailer: Dream Land (Dubd’sco) (album - Dubd’sco Vol. 1) Solomonic
- Devo: Come Back Jonee (7") Virgin VS 223
- (JP - 'Each week we get a copy of the Top 75, but we're only allowed to tell you the top 40. So I can't tell you where Siouxsie And The Banshees come in this week, but I tell you what, if they rise another 9 places, next week, I will be able to tell you where they are'). (link to singles chart)
- Siouxsie And The Banshees: Hong Kong Garden (7") Polydor 2059 052
- Alternative TV: Nasty Little Lonely (session)
- Godley & Creme: Punchbag (album - L) Polydor 9109 611
- Poet And the Roots It Dread Inna Inglan (For George Lindo) (album - Dread Beat An' Blood ) Virgin FL 1017
- Stiff Little Fingers: Alternative Ulster (7") Rough Trade RT 004
- File 1 - end of T023 and a half hour gap
- Lurkers: In Room 309 (session)
- Ultravox: Someone Else's Clothes (album - Systems Of Romance) Island ILPS 9555
- Ultravox: Dislocation (album - Systems Of Romance) Island ILPS 9555
- Ultravox: Some Of Them (album - Systems Of Romance) Island ILPS 9555
- Alternative TV: Going Around In Circles (session)
- Revolutionaries: Leggo Dub side 2 band 2
- Motorhead: Louie Louie (7") Bronze BRO 60
- Waitresses: Slide (v/a album - The Akron Compilation) Stiff GET 3
- File 1 resumes to snippet at end of side 1 of T024, most of this side was reused for a later show
- Mick Farren: Drunk In The Morning (album - Vampires Stole My Lunch Money) Logo LOGO 1010
- tape flip to side 2 of T024 not far from start of above track
- Lurkers: God's Lonely Men (session)
- Only Ones: As My Wife Says (B-Side of re-released 7" - Another Girl, Another Planet) CBS S CBS 6576
- Alternative TV: Release The Natives (session)
- Cravats: Gordon (7" - Gordon / Situations Vacant) Small Wonder CH 004
- (first playing of first single, after which JP reads letter from The Shend)
- Graham Central Station: It's The Engine In Me (LP - My Radio Sure Sounds Good To Me) Warner
- (JP - 'last time I played this track I got a letter from a collective in Cleethorpes threatening to come down and duff me up if I played it again. Well, I'm playing it again.')
- Suicide: Frankie Teardrop (LP - Suicide) Red Star Records
- tape flip to File 2 T052 during above track.
- Al Roberts Jr: Telephone Rock (LP - Rockabilly Guitar Man) Frog Records
- Roy Brown: Love For Sale (LP - Cheapest Price in Town) Faith
- Lurkers: Countdown (session)
- Alternative TV: The Good Missionary (session)
- Devo: Social Fools (b-side 'Come Back Jonee' 7") Virgin VS 223
- Keith Armstrong: Space Boogie (single b-side An Amazing Grace) Old Knew Wave
- Files 1 & 3 end at end of show
- 1) 1978-08-22 Tapes 023 and 024.mp3
- 2) 1978-08-22 John Peel incomplete.mp3
- 3) 1978-08-22 John Peel Radio 1 DB004 DB005.mp3
- 1) 1:02:48
- 2) 24:11
- 3) 1:57:27
- 1) Digitised by Weatherman22 from T023 and T024 of 400 Box. Roughly the first and third quarters of the show, it appears the second quarter was recorded over.
- 2) File created from T052 of 400 Box, digitised by Dr_Mango. This is the last 24 minutes of the show.
- 3) Created from DB004 and DB005 of Derby Box, digitised by RF
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.