- (Introduction to show, mood of Peel, interesting comments, etc. If possible, please add mentions of gigs attended, football matches, TV appearances, stories of past/current activities, etc, for use elsewhere on John Peel Wiki.)
- Edited show, from a set of tapes digitised by Colin Harper. Off-air recordings made by his friend on Reel to Reel.
- Colin's notes below:
- Liverpool Scene recorded 6 items for John Peel's 'Top Gear' on 6/1/69, broadcast over two shows in January and February. These nine tracks derive, in the bloc presented, from an off-air reel of various other indentifiably early-1969 off-air tracks and contain, I think, 5 of the 6 tracks from that first Liverpool Scene BBC session ('Tramcar to Frankenstein' is the missing one) along with 4 other tracks from the group's commercial recordings that must have been played on the show in early 1969: 'Percy Parslow's Hamster Farm' from the LP 'Amazing Adventures of...' and three tracks from 45s: 'Son, Son', 'The Woo Woo' and 'Love Is'.
- Liverpool Scene #1, recorded 6th January 1969, repeat, first broadcast 19 January 1969. This recording deduced to be from the repeat, as The Raven and Colours were only broadcast then.
- Moody Blues #4, recorded 18th February 1969. Available on Live At The BBC 1967-1970 2xCD, 2007 (Deram, 984 720-2)
- Spooky Tooth #4, recorded 3rd February 1969. Better By You Better Than Me released on BBC Sessions (CD, 2001).
- Yes only session, recorded 7th January 1969, repeat, first broadcast 12 January 1969. Available on Something's Coming: The BBC Recordings 1969-1970 (New Millenium Communications).
- Please add details of any commercial release of these sessions
- File 1
- Liverpool Scene: The Raven (session)
- Liverpool Scene: All Around My Grandmother's Floor (session)
- Liverpool Scene: Wild West (session)
- Liverpool Scene: The Entry Of Christ Into Liverpool (session)
- Liverpool Scene: Colours (session)
- File 2
- Spooky Tooth: Better By You Better Than Me (session)
- Spooky Tooth: That Was Only Yesterday (session)
- File 3
- Moody Blues: Lovely To See You (session)
- Moody Blues: Never Comes The Day (session)
- File 4
- Moody Blues: Send Me No Wine (session)
- 1) Liverpool Scene - Top Gear 6/1/69
- 2a) Spooky Tooth - Peel session - Top Gear 23/2/69
- 2b) 1969-02-23 TG 23.2.69 Spooky Tooth 2 songs
- 3) 1969-02-23 Moody Blues TG 23 Feb 69 (2 songs).mp3
- 4) 1969-02-23 Moody Blues unknown 'Just send my love away' (Lp track).mp3
- 1) 32:32 (3:56-8:35, 17:50 on)
- 2) 6:28
- 3) 7:15
- 4) 2:35
- Many thanks to Colin Harper. Full tape at Liverpool Scene 1969
- 2b) has centred audio.
- Please address all re-up requests to Peel Mailing List.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.