- (Introduction to show, mood of Peel, interesting comments, etc. If possible, please add mentions of gigs attended, football matches, TV appearances, stories of past/current activities, etc, for use elsewhere on John Peel Wiki.)
- Edited show, from a set of tapes digitised by Colin Harper. Off-air recordings made by his friend on Reel to Reel.
- Little Peel content other than the intro to the Son Son single.
- Colin's notes below:
- Liverpool Scene recorded 6 items for John Peel's 'Top Gear' on 6/1/69, broadcast over two shows in January and February. These nine tracks derive, in the bloc presented, from an off-air reel of various other indentifiably early-1969 off-air tracks and contain, I think, 5 of the 6 tracks from that first Liverpool Scene BBC session ('Tramcar to Frankenstein' is the missing one) along with 4 other tracks from the group's commercial recordings that must have been played on the show in early 1969: 'Percy Parslow's Hamster Farm' from the LP 'Amazing Adventures of...' and three tracks from 45s: 'Son, Son', 'The Woo Woo' and 'Love Is'.
- Liverpool Scene #1, recorded 6th January 1969, repeat, first broadcast 19 January 1969.
- Moody Blues #4, recorded 18th February 1969. Available on Live At The BBC 1967-1970 2xCD, 2007 (Deram, 984 720-2)
- Spooky Tooth #4, recorded 3rd February 1969. Better By You Better Than Me released on BBC Sessions (CD, 2001).
- Yes only session, recorded 7th January 1969, repeat, first broadcast 12 January 1969. Available on Something's Coming: The BBC Recordings 1969-1970 (New Millenium Communications).
- Deduced to be from the repeat, as The Raven and Colours were only broadcast then.
(Please add details of any commercial release of these sessions)
- 0:00 Liverpool Scene: Percy Parslow's Hamster Farm (album - Amazing Adventures Of) RCA Victor SF 7995
- 3:56 Liverpool Scene: The Raven (session)
- 6:27 Liverpool Scene: All Around My Grandmother's Floor (session)
- 8:35 (John Peel introduction)
- 8:47 Liverpool Scene: Son, Son (7") RCA Victor RCA 1762
- 13:04 Liverpool Scene: The Woo Woo (7") RCA Victor RCA 1816
- 16:36 Liverpool Scene: Love Is (7" - The Woo-Woo) RCA Victor RCA 1816
- 17:50 Liverpool Scene: Wild West (session)
- 21:42 Liverpool Scene: The Entry Of Christ Into Liverpool (session)
- 28:39 Liverpool Scene: Colours (session)
- Liverpool Scene - Top Gear 6/1/69
- Many thanks to Colin Harper
- Please address all re-up requests to Peel Mailing List.