- Full tracklisting from the PasB of the BBC Written Archives Centre.
- This is an all record show, where Peel did not have any sessions on his programmes between 23rd and 25th of January.
- Peel plays a track from the Stop The Violence Movement, who were formed to make a single encouraging the hip hop community to end violence being committed among themselves.
- Peel plays six bands in a row, who are from the Seattle alternative rock scene. The bands are Nirvana, Coffin Break, Blood Circus, Mudhoney, Skin Yard and Soundgarden. The Mudhoney track is a cover of the Dicks' Hate The Police.
- Peel plays a track from Roy Orbison covering Elvis Costello's The Comedians.
- Peel plays an unusual record from George Coleman, not the saxophonist, but a street musician and oil drum player, known as Bongo Joe. The LP was released in 1969 on Arhoolie Records, one of the blues record labels Peel followed, but, despite a good review in Rolling Stone magazine, artist and album remained obscure.
- Morrissey: The Last Of The Famous International Playboys (CD Single) His Master's Voice
- Stop The Violence Movement: Self Destruction (12") Jive #
- Mkoma Ketai And Simba Brothers: Tinomukonda Mulungu (LP - Rukudzo) Musi-Oa-Tunya
- Nine Pound Hammer: Doomsday Poptarts (LP - The Mud, The Blood, And The Beers) Wanghead
- Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band: Skeleton Makes Good (LP - Ice Cream For Crow) Virgin
- Wolfhounds: Rent Act (12") Midnight Music
- Cynthia Richards: Foolish Fool (v/a LP - Clancy Eccles And Friends - Fatty Fatty 1967 - 1970) Trojan #
- Kings Of Oblivion: Pay (12" - Wise Up EP) That Certain Esmarelda
- Freestyle Express: I Wanna Rock (St. Pete's House Mix) (12") Sunshine Music Ltd #
- 10 Foot Boneless: Powerslide (12") Fierce Recordings
- Televizor: Patrie D'Illusions (Live) (v/a LP - Rocking Soviet) Just'In Distribution
- Culture: How Did I Stray (LP - Nuff Crisis!) Blue Mountain #
- Nirvana: Big Cheese (7" - Love Buzz b/w Big Cheese) Sub Pop @
- Coffin Break: Boxes 'N Boxes (7" - Noise Patch) C/Z @
- Blood Circus: Two Way Street (12" - Primal Rock Therapy) Glitterhouse @
- Mudhoney: Hate The Police (v/a LP - Mondostereo) The Tinnitus Label @
- Skin Yard: Needle Tree (LP - Hallowed Ground) Toxic Shock @
- Soundgarden: Nazi Driver (LP - Ultramega OK) SST @
- Trybe: Psychedelic Shack (Radio) (12") Wild Pitch #
- Sore Throat: M.F.N. (Music For Nobheads) (v/a LP - Hiatus (The Peaceville Sampler.) Peaceville
- Roy Orbison: The Comedians (LP - Mystery Girl) Virgin
- Ministry: The Missing (LP - The Land Of Rape And Honey) Sire @
- George Coleman: Listen At That Bull (LP - Bongo Joe) Arhoolie #
- Awesome Dre & The Hard Core Committee: You Can't Hold Me Back (12" - You Can't Hold Me Back / Committing Rhymes) Jorlands
- Pop Will Eat Itself: Can U Dig It? (7") RCA #
- Ciccone Youth: Needle Gun (CD - The Whitey Album) Blast First
- Loudon Wainwright III: Wine With Dinner (LP - T Shirt) Arista
- Insurrection: Deadhead (LP - Insurrection) Peaceville
- Robot DJs: Energy (shared 12" with Tyree - Hardcore Hip House / Energy) Westside #
- Giraffes: Pass Me By (12") Love Madness
- Fontella Bass: To Be Free (v/a LP - Soul Jewels Volume 1 - Let's Do It Over) Charly R&B #
- Ed Hall: Candy House (LP - Albert) Boner
- New Order: Vanishing Point (LP - Technique) Factory
Tracks marked # are available on File 1.
Tracks marked @ are available on File 2.
- 1) 1989-01-xx-02-xx Peel Show LE027
- 2) john peel show tapes 9b 1989.mp3
- 1) 1:35:36 (0:36:50 - 1:13:58)
- 2) 46:03 (from 26:12)
- 1) Created from LE027 of Lee Tapes, digitised by Weatherman22 Many thanks to Lee.
- 2) Many thanks to Happy Otter. HO John Peel 9 1988 1989
- 1) Mooo
- 2) No longer available.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.