- Something of an all-star line-up for the sessions, repeating the combination of 22 April 1981.
- Apologies for possibly sounding, “what old hippies used to call laid back.” That evening had just done his first live Top Of The Pops. “You wouldn’t realize this because I look so cool and suave and in control of everything, but I get into such a state before I do them.” After the initial sense of relief once it’s over, he wants to “have a bit of a lie down.”
- Plays wrong side of single by Liverpool band Cook Da Books, then touring with the Undertones, but then plays the intended song as well.
- Informs us that the track by Divine that finishes off the show was written and produced by Tony Orlando, but in fact it was Bobby Orlando.
- The Spinners track is by the soul group of that name. They were sometimes known as the Detroit Spinners to avoid confusion with the middle-of-the-road Liverpool folk group called the Spinners, who were popular enough in the UK to have their own long-running BBC TV show in the 1970s, but never appealed to Peel.
- Files 1 & 2 begin
- Fruit Pastilles: I Don’t Ever Want To See Your Face Again (7") Epic / Native Tongue ES 776
- Fall: Smile (Peel Session)
- Don Carlos: My Brethren Party (album - Spread Out) Burning Sounds BS 1053
- Ivor Cutler: Brenda / Mostly Tins / Bad Eye (Peel Session)
- Cook Da Books: Rich Men Don’t (7") Kite NNT1
- Cook Da Books: Low Profile (7" - Rich Men Don't) Kite NNT1
- 1919: Machine (mini-album - Machine) Red Rhino REDLP 25
- Spinners: City Full Of Memories (7") Atlantic 7-89862
- Fall: Garden (Peel Session)
- Upsetters: Time Marches On (unknown release)
- Colour Box: Breakdown (Second Version) (7") 4AD AD 304
- Ivor Cutler: Life In A Scottish Sitting Room Vol 2, Ep 17 (Peel Session)
- Gabi Delgado: Amor (album - Mistress) Virgin V 2266
- Die Shadocks: Alltagstrott (7" EP - Die Schadocks) No Name NNL-004.83
(continues after tape flip, end edited out)
- (tape flip)
Files 1 & 2 end, File 3 begins
- Undertones The Sin Of Pride (album - The Sin Of Pride) Ardeck ARD 104
- Fall: Hexen Definitive - Strife Knot (Peel Session)
(misannounced "Hex Knot")
- Saints: Follow The Leader (album - Out In The Jungle) Flicknife
- Wailing Souls: Things & Time Will Tell (album - Baby Come Rock) Joe Gibbs Music JGM 6072
- Ivor Cutler: Doughnut In My Hand / Old Black Dog / People Run To The Edge (Peel Session)
- Comsat Angels: On The Beach (album - Waiting For A Miracle) Polydor 2383 578
- Orchestre Super Mazembe: Ji Ji (album - Kaivaska) Virgin V2263
- Fall: Eat Yourself Fitter (Peel Session)
- Ivor Cutler: Life In A Scottish Sitting Room Vol 2, Ep 18 (Peel Session)
- Twisted Nerve: Five Minutes Of Fame (7") Criminal Damage CRI 102
- Divine: Native Love Step By Step (album - Jungle Jezebel) "O" OLP-2
- (12:00 News)
- File 3 ends
- (1) RADIO 1 23 03 83 JOHN PEEL.MP3
- (2) 93 Peel 19830323a The Fall and Ivor Cutler.mp3
- (3) 93 Peel 19830323b The Fall and Ivor Cutler.mp3
- (4) Karl's Tape March 14th 1983 from 1:00:56 to 1:22:20 (mis-dated)
- (1) 1:02:05
- (2) 1:01:51
- (3) 1:01:17
- (4) 21:25
- Full show on (2) and (3), shared via Peel Mailing List. Many thanks to Andrew and Dave for this!
- File (2) has a slightly better quality than File (1)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.