- John Peel's Music On BFBS
- BFBS (Germany)
- John reveals that the Wedding Present sent him demo tapes when they were called the Lost Pandas, but he didn't take notice of them until their second demo tape. He believes they were formerly known as something else, although no trace can be found of this.
- From Peel 072 (BFBS)
- (JP: 'Just think, at this very moment all around the world, Cyprus, Gibraltar, Belize, Hong Kong, West Germany, people are flinging themselves across the room to switch off their radios, because it's John Peel's Music On BFBS.')
- That Petrol Emotion: 'Genius Move (7")' (Virgin)
- Blood On The Saddle: 'Always There, Never Here (LP-Fresh Blood)' (SST)
- Cud: 'You're The Boss (12"-Mind The Gap)' (Reception)
- Wedding Present: 'Don't Be So Hard (LP-George Best)' (Reception)
- (JP: 'I suppose I have to be manly and stand tall and face the fact that the LP is called George Best. They sent me a cutout, believe it or not, I mean a very small cutout of George Best as a kind of promotional device: straight into the bin, of course.')
- Triffids: 'Chicken Killer (12"-The Peel Sessions)' (Strange Fruit)
- Primitives: 'Really Stupid (7")' (Lazy)
- 3 Mustaphas 3: 'Xamenh Evtexia / Fiz'n (LP-Shopping)' (Globe Style)
- Last Party: 'Tree Shada (12")' (Idol)
- Mighty Wah!: 'Basement Blues / Story Of The Blues (12"-The Peel Sessions)' (Strange Fruit)
- (JP: 'Back in the days when Pete Wylie was still doing stuff that was pretty good....I really like Wylie and I'd loved to have played you tracks from his current LP, but frankly there was nothing on there, I listened to it two or three times in the hope that something on there would suddenly come through to me, would speak to me, but it never really did. Very depressing indeed. Good bloke, nevertheless.')
- Peel 072
- 00:45:06 (6:39-40:01)
- Many thanks to Dirk.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.