- Start of show: "If you in one of the parts of the world privileged to hear this programme on Friday Aug. 30, then it is my birthday today. I thought you would want to know in case you fancied some simple but affecting domestic celebration in honour of the event. I'm John Peel on the BBC World Service. I have a selection of dandy records for you, including the Boothill Foot Tappers."
- Two tracks played from the compilation The Waking Dream.
- JP notes how few Sex Pistols songs had cover versions over the years – although there is one here from the Scarecrows. The track was later covered in a Peel session by Galaxie 500
- Boothill Foot Tappers: Love And Affection (7”) Mercury
- John doesn't care for the first track very much and can't see it doing anything in the charts. He also wonders what the record company think the band might be up to. Begs the question, why is he playing it, when he only has 30 minutes to play with....
- Lost Cherrees: Consider The Challenge (12 EP - Unwanted Children) Mortarhate
- Nightingales: What A Carry On (12”) Vindaloo
- Magic Mushroom Band: Magick Eye (va LP – The Waking Dream) Psycho
- Bodines: Paradise (LP – Different For Domeheads) Creation
- Scarecrows: Submission (12” - The Deep End.Jade.) Swordfish
- Fire: Stars (Looking Up At) (12”) Big Step
- Green Telescope: Turnin' Out (va LP – The Waking Dream) Psycho
- 1985-08-26 John Peel BBC World Service TR002.mp3 Note - this was actually the broadcast at 0330GMT on Tuesday 27th but would have been the Monday evening when received by short wave in the USA
- File created from TR002 of Tom Roche BBC World Service Tapes.
- Please address all re-up requests to Peel Mailing List.
- Many thanks to Tom Roche and Frankie-machine.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.