- Show contains the well documented "Old man, die soon" message.
- Show contains the first ever grime session.
- Peel complains that the Observer newspaper printed an article over the weekend claiming that grime music only gets played by the BBC on the 1Xtra station. JP: "Obviously it's uncool to refer to Radio One and acknowledge the fact that we do anything that's worth doing, but the fact is, this is lazy journalism."
- This develops into a bit of a rant about the conservative musical tastes of the "posh papers" and how they ignore Peel's show.
- DJ Eastwood & Friends Grime Night live mix
- Donna Summer: 'David And Iggy On Dinah' (7" EP 'Wooden Karova') Mirex
- PJ Harvey: 'Who The Fuck' (LP - Uh Huh Her) Island
- Bounty Killer & Frisco Kid: 'Hear Weh Mi A She' (7") Abijazz
- Hector Collectors: Solid Silver 60s Tour (7" - Dollification EP) Stolenwine (starts at wrong speed)
- Orthrelm: 'Athol' (LP 'U.S. Pop Life Volume 13: Northeast New Core - Parallel Universe Of Exterior And Interior' ) Contact
- Tremble: '40%' (7") Different
- DJ Eastwood & Friends: Grime Night live mix (with DJ Krafty and MCs G Double, Purple, I.Q and I.E)
- Datsuns: That Sure Ain't Right' (LP - Outta Sight/Outta Mind) V2
- Nouvelle Vague: 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' (LP 'Nouvelle Vague') Peacefrog
- Anona Wynn And Orchestra: 'Tuning In Part 2: A Radio Station Tour' (78) (Pig's Big 78)
- Shredder: 'Foreshortened Cornflakes' (12" 'Rack Mounted Lobster') Cluster
- JP: "Here's a note that arrived in the post today. Kind of thing that makes you feel humble and loved. This says 'Old man ... die soon please. Then a Welsh accent DJ can have your slot. Radio One treats the Welsh like shit. The Welsh part-own Radio One. The Welsh pay the license fee.' I think it's fair to say we probably play more Welsh music on these programs than radio stations in Wales. If you want to challenge that, please do. In the meantime, that's a bit of a collectors item ... old man, die soon."
- Written From Negative: 'They Dance Like That In Clubs' (7") Big Scary Monsters
- Face For Radio: 'Plot Route On Yellow Paper' (7") Big Scary Monsters
- Culture: 'Lion Rock' (LP 'Lion Rock') Cultural
- I-Rate: 'Game Over' (12") Sinuous
- (1) John Peel 2004-05-26.mp3
- (2) John_Peel_20040526.mp3
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.