- Start of show: 'I'm deeply sorry that we had to lose 23 minutes of our 5th anniversary programme. We do what we can to make up for lost time, this is Fairport Convention.'
- Top Gear's fifth anniversary. Entire show session repeats.
- Segments of the show were uploaded to YouTube in May 2012 by user RobEmbleton.
- Tracks included in the recording are marked §.
- Bonzo Dog Band, #7. First TX 03 August 1969. Recorded 1960-07-29. Available on The Peel Sessions (Strange Fruit SFPS051)
- Joe Cocker and The Grease Band, #3. First Broadcast 11 October 1969. Recorded 1969-09-29. No known commercial release.
- Arthur Big Boy Crudup, #1. First Broadcast 14 February 1970. Recorded 1970-02-09. No known commercial release.
- Faces, #2. First TX 19 September 1970. Recorded 1970-09-15. 'Around The Plynth' available on Five Guys Walk Into A Bar... (Rhino 4xCD 8122-78233-2)
- Fairport Convention, #8. First Broadcast 27 September 1969. Recorded 1969-09-23. Available on Live At The BBC (Island 4xCD 9845385)
- Led Zeppelin, #2. First Broadcast 29 June 1969. Recorded 1969-06-24. Available on BBC Sessions (Atlantic 2xCD 7567-83061-2)
- Soft Machine, #2, First Broadcast 15 June 1969. Recorded 1969-06-10. Available on BBC Radio 1967 - 1971 (Hut 2xCD, 2003 HUX 037)
- T. Rex, #8 (repeat). First TX 07 November 1970. Recorded 1970-10-26. Available on The Peel Sessions (Strange Fruit 12" SFPS 031).
- Gene Vincent and The House Shakers, one and only session (rpt). First TX 06 February 1971. Recorded 1971-01-25. 'Whole Lotta Shakin' available on Rebel Heart Vol. 6 (TKO Magnum Music).
- Loudon Wainwright III, #2 (repeat). First Broadcast 13 October 1971. Recorded 1971-10-11. No known commercial release.
- File 4 begins at the beginning of the show
- Fairport Convention: The Lady Is A Tramp (session)
- Joe Cocker: Delta Lady (session)
- Led Zeppelin: Travelling Riverside Blues (session)
- Soft Machine: The Moon In June (session)
- Faces: Had Me A Real Good Time (session)
- Loudon Wainwright III: Say That You Love Me (session)
- Bonzo Dog Band: Monster Mash (session)
- Back Door: Jive Grind (LP - Back Door) Blakey (Peel plays a snippet of this before the news, as he had extra time)
- (news edited out)
- T.Rex: Ride A White Swan (session)
- Arthur Big Boy Crudup: That's Alright / Rock Me Mama (session)
- Gene Vincent and The House Shakers: Rocky Road Blues (session) @ (short snippet of the end on File 2)
- Fairport Convention: Tam Lin (session) @
- Led Zeppelin: Communication Breakdown (session) @ (short snippet of the beginning on File 2)
- Faces: Around The Plynth (session) #
- T.Rex: Sun Eye (session) # (short snippet on File 1)
- File 3 begins
- Bonzo Dog Band: Tent (session)
- Loudon Wainwright III: Motel Blues (session)
- Joe Cocker and The Grease Band: Darling Be Home Soon (session)
- Faces: Country Comfort (session)
- Led Zeppelin: What Is And What Should Never Be (session)
- (JP: 'We end with another track from Gene Vincent and The House Shakers. This one is the old classic which I used to sing at old Army Camp dances, believe it or not, when I used to get a bit drunk and stagger on to the stage - before they pushed me off again.')
- Gene Vincent and The House Shakers - Say Mama (session)
- File 3 & 4 ends at the end of the programme
Tracks marked # on File 1
Tracks marked @ on File 2
- 1) Top Gear 1972-09-26 Faces.mp3
- 2) Top Gear 1972-09-26 Fairport.mp3
- 3) Top Gear 1972-09-26f.mp3
- 4) J P Top Gear 26 Sept 1972 complete.mp3
- 1) 00:07:58
- 2) 00:08:18
- 3) 00:25:42
- 4) 01:36:20
- 1-3) Thanks to YouTube user RobEmbleton for making these available.
- 4) Many thanks to Tim
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.