- Peel plays the first two sides of the new Bowie double live album and promises the other two the following evening.
- JP recommends the Hipgnosis cover of the new Bring On The Night album by session guests Racing Cars.
- Peter Powell joins Peel in the studio to give a report on that evening’s Chelsea-New York Cosmos friendly. Peel is also concerned about the following night's Liverpool match (with good reason – they would be knocked out of the European Cup by Nottingham Forest).
- JP claims to have danced to George Thorogood & The Destroyers.
- News: Ally MacLeod leaves job as Scotland manager.
- Racing Cars #5 Repeat. First broadcast 11 September 1978. Recorded 1978-08-14. No known commercial release.
- Peter Tosh: (You’re Got To Walk And) Don’t Look Back (single) Rolling Stones
- Buzzcocks: Ever Fallen In Love… (single) United Artists
- Prams: Dreaming Baby (single)
- Marquis De Sade: Air Tight Cell (single) Terrapin
- Racing Cars: Bring On The Night (session)
- David Bowie (2xLP – Stage) CBS – side one
- Hang On To Yourself
- Ziggy Stardust
- Five Years
- Soul Love – tape flip during track
- Squares: No Fear (single) Sire
- Hugh Mundell: Let All Unite (single) Greensleeves
- Racing Cars: Taking On The World (session)
- (Peter Powell arrives in studio to report on Chelsea-New York Cosmos game.)
- Yachts: Look Back In Love (Not In Anger) (single) Radar
- Captain Beefheart: Upon The My-O-My (LP – Unconditionally Guaranteed) Virgin
- Radio Stars: Baffin Island (LP – Holiday Album) Chiswick – tape flip during track
- Skunks: Good From The Bad (single) Eel Pie
- Weather Report: The Pursuit Of The Woman With The Feathered Hat (LP – Mr Gone) CBS
- (JP: “George Thorogood & The Destroyers – I know a lot of people don’t like them, I’ve seen a lot of criticism of them in the music press and so forth. But I mean, initially the blues, even the ones the classic blues of the 1920s, were records made intended to be danced to. And you can certainly jump around quite nicely to George Thorogood & The Destroyers. If I can do it, you can, let’s face it, and I managed to do it.”)
- George Thorogood & The Destroyers: Baby, Please Set A Date (LP – Move It On Over) Sonet
- Wire: Another The Letter (LP – Chairs Missing) Harvest
- Ras Michael & The Sons Of Negus: Numbered Days (LP – Movements) Dynamic Sounds
- Racing Cars: When I’m Walking Home (session)
- UK Subs: CID (single) City
- David Bowie (2xLP – Stage) CBS – side two
- Station To Station – tape flip during track
- TVC 15
- John Cooper Clarke: Strange Bedfellows (LP – Disguise In Love) CBS
- Racing Cars: Second Best (session)
- (JP: “Thanks to Peter Powell for coming into the studio to report for the Chelsea and New York match earlier this evening. So much nicer when one of the lads drops in – think he’s the first one who ever did actually. Gambaccini came in once, but he was lost. Tomorrow of course it's agonizing night – I hope Liverpool come out on top, I suspect they will. Good night.)
- 1978 09 26 #1 (Racing Cars) 2.mp3
- 1978 09 26 #2 (Racing Cars).mp3
- 1978 09 26 #3 (Racing Cars).mp3
- 1978 09 26 #4 (Racing Cars).mp3
- File created from T033 and T034 of the 400 Box. Many thanks to the original taper and CCM.
- Please address any re-up requests to the Peel Mailing List.
- ↑ Chelsea managed a 1-1 draw at home to the touring New York Cosmos, who featured Franz Beckenbauer (W. Germany) and Johan Cruyff, among others (although not Pele, who had already retired).
- ↑ Liverpool were due to play Notts Forest at home in the second leg of their 2nd round European Cup tie. The 0-0 draw meant that Forest went through 2-0 on aggregate. 
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.