- (Introduction to show, mood of Peel, interesting comments, etc. If possible, please add mentions of gigs attended, football matches, TV appearances, stories of past/current activities, etc, for use elsewhere on John Peel Wiki.)
- The tracks by African Connexion and The Smiths and Lovers Town by Billy Bragg are featured on the 1980s Revolution episode of The Evolution of John Peel series.
- Peel mentions after playing Still Ill that Rhythm Pal Kid Jensen is in fact 'still ill' and hopes that this isn't an excuse to get out of the upcoming football match in Cambridge "which would be a pity as he's our main striker y'know".
- Shoot! Dispute #1, recorded 4th February 1984, repeat, first broadcast 09 February 1984. No known commercial release.
- Billy Bragg #2, recorded 21st February 1984. Lovers Town available on The Peel Session Album LP/CD, 1991 (Strange Fruit SFRLP117 / SFRCD117)
(Please add details of any commercial release of these sessions)
- File 1 cuts in
- African Connexion: C'est La Danse (K Wanza Kwanza) (12" - Midnight Pressure) Oval OVALT 28/12
- Billy Bragg: St Swithin's Day (session)
- The John Peel Roadshow was in Sheffield at the weekend and John came away with a pile of requests
- Burning Spear: Jah Is My Driver
- Inca Babies: Grunt Cadillac Hotel (7") Black Lagoon INC. 002
- Serious Drinking: The Revolution Starts At Closing Time (album - The Revolution Starts At Closing Time) Upright UP LP 3
- tape flip
- Smiths: Still Ill (album - The Smiths) Rough Trade ROUGH 61 @
- Stan Getz, Zoot Sims, Al Cohn, Allen Eager, Brew Moore: Five Brothers (7" EP - And His Four Brothers) Fantasy
- Billy Bragg: Lovers Town (session)
- King Kong And The Empire States Livin' With My Mind (7") Gorilla APE-111
- Shoot! Dispute: Lack Lustre (session)
- Linton Kwesi Johnson: Reggae Fi Dada (album - Making History) Island ILPS 977
- Leitmotiv: Silent Run (7" - Silent Run / (Living In A) Tin) Pax PAX 17
- Billy Bragg: The Myth Of Trust (session)
- Tony Tuff: Sticky Wicket (album - Render Your Heart) SCA CSLP 11
- Dead Can Dance: The Fatal Impact (album - Dead Can Dance) 4AD CAD 404 @
- File 1 ends
- Cramps: Save It (album - Off The Bone) Illegal ILP012 @ This track fits in one of the gaps between the Smiths and Dead Can Dance tracks
- Tracks marked @ on File 2
- 1) 1984-02-27 Peel Show L590
- 2) 1984-02-xx-03-06 Peel Late Feb Early Mar 1984
- 1) 01:04:17
- 2) 44:13-53:15 (47:28-49:58 unique)
- 1) created from L590 of SL Tapes, digitised by Weatherman22.
- 2) Created from SB217 and SB218 of Category:Weatherman22's Tapes
- Please address all re-up requests to Peel Mailing List.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.