- Peel mentions relieving himself discretely at a public place in London, whilst admiring the architecture. After that he missed the bus and had to walk to the BBC. He also mentioned admiring the River Thames at night.
- Peel mentions the Steel Pole Bath Tub is a dreadful name, but a good band.
- Peel mentions that Demon records have told him that golfer Tony Jacklin made an album called Swings and then asks listeners if they have a spare copy of that album.
- Birdland #1, recorded 6th June 1989.
- James: Sit Down (7") Rough Trade
- Redhead Kingpin And The F.B.I.: Do The Right Thing (album - A Shade Of Red) Virgin @
- Thee Hypnotics: The Girls All Mine (v/a album - Motor City Madness) Glitterhouse
- Birdland: Paradise (session) #
- Frankie Paul: Acid (7") Exterminator
- Electro Hippies: Next Time (album - Play Fast Or Die) Necrosis NECRO 001 #
- Steel Pole Bath Tub: Welcome Aboard It's Love (album - Butterfly Love) Boner BR15-1 #
- Orb: The Roof Is On Fire (12" - The Kiss EP) WAU! Mr. Modo @
- Bastards: Neighbor (7") Treehouse TR 018 #
- Pocket Fishrmen: The Leader Is Burning (7") Noiseville NOISEVILLE #1 #
- Birdland: White (session) #
- Southern Culture On The Skids: Psycho Surfing (album - First Album) Lloyd St
- Break Boys: Listen To The Rhythm Flow (12") Fourth Floor FF-1101 #
- (Radio One Action For The Planet trailer)
- Pussy Galore: Damaged II (shared 7" with Tad - Damaged I / Damaged II) Sub Pop
- Birdland: See No Evil (session) #
- Eric Frater: Venus (v/a album - Clement "Coxsone" Dodd - Musical Fever 1967-1968) Trojan TRLD 408 #
- Cud: Only A Prawn In Whitby (album - When In Rome Kill Me) Imaginary ILLUSION 005 #
- Ogdens: Rachel Put Your Arms About Me (12") Casca CASC 1202 #
- Delbert Barker: Why Baby Why (v/a album - Boppin' Hillbilly Vol. 6) White Label (Peel initially mistaken the track as by Johnny Elliot & The Line Riders, but corrects it after the song was played)
- Boogie Down Productions: Why Is That? (Single Edit) (12" - Why Is That?) Jive @
- Birdland: Sugar Blood (session) #
- A Certain Ratio: Good Together (12") A&M (white label, only 500 pressed)
Tracks marked # on File 3
Tracks marked @ on File 4
- 1) 020A-B4437XXXXXXX-0100M0.mp3
- 2) 020A-B4437XXXXXXX-0101M0.mp3
- 3) 1989-06-28 Peel Show R026 R027.mp3
- 4) 1989-06-xx-07-xx Peel Show LE039
- 1) 0:49:25
- 2) 0:38:29
- 3) 0:37:26
- 4) 1:32:33 (0:49:09 - 1:00:12)
- 1-2) Recordings at the British Library
- 3) File created from R026 and R027 of Rich 200, digitised by Weatherman22
- 4) Created from LE039 of Lee Tapes, digitised by Weatherman22. Many thanks to Lee.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.