- (Introduction to show, mood of Peel, interesting comments, etc. If possible, please add mentions of gigs attended, football matches, TV appearances, stories of past/current activities, etc, for use elsewhere on John Peel Wiki.)
- Carcass #1, recorded 13th December 1988, repeat, first broadcast 02 January 1989. Available on The Peel Sessions released in 1989 on Strange Fruit / Dutch East India Trading, and on v/a Grind Madness At The BBC released in 2009 on Earache.
- A Witness #4, recorded 20th November 1988, repeat, first broadcast 30 November 1988. Available on Double Peel Sessions in 1989 on Strange Fruit.
(Please add details of any commercial release of these sessions)
- File 1 begins
- Darling Buds: Things We Do For Love (album - Pop Said) Epic EPC 462894 1
- Carcass: Slash Dementia (session)
- A Witness: unknown (session) (back announced only)
- Shamen: In Gorbachev We Trust (album - In Gorbachev We Trust) Demon FIEND 666
- Cash Money And Marvelous: The Mighty Hard Rockers (cassette single mix) @
- Carcass: Reek Of Putrefaction (session)
- Baba Brooks: Teenage Ska @
- Fall: No Bulbs 3
- Carcass: Crepitating Bowel Erosion (session) John plays this for a listener who asked if he had any Whitney Houston records.
- Bobby Digital and Cocoa Tea: Come Home (7") Jammy's
- Carcass: Cadaveric Incubator Of Endo Parasites (session)
- Yum Yum Girls advert
- Freestyle Express: I Wanna Rock (12") Sunshine Music Ltd SML-2350
- John has received a letter from the Stoke Newington Media Monitoring Unit.....
- A Witness: unknown (session) (last session track, introduced only)
- File 1 ends
- Deniz: You Were The One (Radio Edit) (12") Metropolitan Recording Corporation MRC 04450 @
- Tracks marked @ available on File 2
- 1) 1989-01-31 Peel Show R001 R002.mp3
- 2) 1989-01-xx-02-xx Peel Show LE028
- 1) 45:54
- 2) 1:35:38 (1:15:21-1:26:36) (from 1:22:27 unique)
- 1) File created from R001 and R002 of Rich 200, digitised by Weatherman22.
- 2) Created from LE028 of Lee Tapes, digitised by Weatherman22. Peel January February 1989 Lee Tape 28. Some earlier tracks might also be from this date
- Please address all re-up requests to Peel Mailing List.